Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy went down on his 96 zx6r. The next time he rode it, it cut out while riding and wouldn't start again. I charged the battery, new plugs, cleaned the carbs, but it still won't fire, but it will crank beautifully. There's no hum from the fuel pump, so it's gotta be the pump or the relay, correct? I don't know which relay is the fuel pump one, anybody help me there? Is there any way to test the fuel pump and the relay to see if each is working? Thanks for the help guys! If anybody has either or both for sale, let me know..

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
The fuel pump relay is under the front seat on the right side as you sit on the bike up and behind the fuel pump. The main fuse sounds like it is O.K. but there is also an 10 amp ignition fuse that goes to the fuel pump. You can jump 12V directly to the fuel pump to see if it is the culprit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I jumped the fuel pump and it worked. I also put in a new ignition fuse just in case. So now I'm hoping it's simply the relay. Thanks for your help, I'll let you know how it turns out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.