Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there an inexpensive(ish) shorty exhaust that I can just bolt on to replace the stock can?

And/or can I gut/cut the stock down? :D

Thanks,
Colin

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've tried looking around and can't find useful info or less then full exhausts. Just looking for something to bolt to the stock flange.

Or cut the stock can in half...

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have a Wileyco exhaust that just bolts on to the exhaust flange to replace the stock exhaust can. Although, you can check ebay for the same brand, there should be other brands that just carry bolt on cans for our model years. Good luck!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I tried ebay...but the cheapest thing on there is almost $200.00, then it just get crazy from there.

I took off the stock can and am just looking for something to tone it down just a tiny bit. And I'd rather not spend over $100.00 for that.

I guess I'll just have someone I know cut the stock can down and re-weld it to the flange.

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
DO NOT start hacking up your stock can. There are two baffles in there and if you cut it, you will just have a big paper weight. It is not a straight through design. You are not going to find a system/slip-on for the budget you have in mind unless you get a headder and weld up a headder-back system and fabricate a can. You can get a high flow baffle and packing from Muzzys for like $18.00. Every thing else is just metal work and patients.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts