Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone...

I have a question regarding fitting RACE plastics from a 98-99 model zx6R to the 00-02 year model zx6R.

First off, I’m trying to confirm if they will fit perfectly with no modifications. I’m wondering if the mounts on the sides and at the upper fairing stay are the same. (just wondering if I can get them on in the first place)

Second, I would like to know if it’s fairly easy to use the ram air tubes to fit on the race plastics. I know the two models have different openings for the ram air, and I’m wondering if the ram air tubes need to match the opening or if the tubes can just be routed through the race plastics intake holes.

If the plastics do fit I don’t want to find any issues with the RAM air tubes not being able to be lined up, although they are just tubes of course…so im sure its no big deal, but the jist of this is…

Will they fit and will it work?

Thanks for ANY help you can give me.

Freddi

·
Premium Member
2,619 Posts
i run 98-99 race fairing on my 00-02 ninja.....mounting holes are exactly the same.

as far as the ram air goes...i run just the tubes that extend out from the frame only(saves crash damage), and there is enough air flow to make the ram air function....all be it not 100% ram air...but no ill effect issues...i still pass whoever is in the way...LOL

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Yeah i have 00-02 ones on my 98, the ram air is diff, and i am comtimplating using the ducts past the ones in the frame because they dont line up, and i cam also use the holes for extra headlights. But yes they will fit 100% besides the air ducts which you dont need imo.
Ben

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.