Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering I havent really taken off the tail end of my 96 yet but the frame from pics look somewhat simalar. Is it possible for me to throw on a tail for a 98+? I think it is much nicer and more aftermarket for it like nicer tail lights, and undertails.

Jay

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
its possible i am sure, but depends on how much work you want, i dont think its a bolt on though...
Ben

·
Registered
471 Posts
I doubt that would be an easy swap, completely different tail lights, Where it mounts to the subframe...etc. It could be done but not without alot of work. Whats wrong with the boxy look? lol

·
Registered
945 Posts
Nay sayers, Heres my 95 zx6r with a 01 tail, On a side not you should switch the gas tank as well which will take a little finessing to get to fit correctly but its not hard. If you have the tank/tail/taillight and front seat you could do it in about an hr. I used my stock 95 rear seat and it matched up fairly well, other wise you will run into problems

[}:)]

·
Registered
471 Posts
I stand corrected by a rainbow! Jk about the rainbow part, my bike is a few odd ball colors as well. Thats a great job, but for some reason i still like the boxy f series...but the j model is growing on me...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.