Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
hey all
im thinking about putting a 2000 body on my 98. has anyone done this? will it work. please someone shed some light!

modern man
eco system destroyer

·
Registered
114 Posts
thanks does anyone know if the ferring stays for a 2003 will fit on a 98 frame?

------
modern man
eco system destroyer

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i bet it can with some heavy modification, but it goes to the upper fairing stay not the frame. i bet just bending the upper fairing stay(bracket) it could fit, but you have to add the side fairings, headlight, ram air, etc. just go with the '00 conversion.

------
"I love ninjas with every part of my body, including my pee pee."

·
Registered
10 Posts
there are a couple of ways of doing this. I found this to be the easiest. First you need these parts: 1. 00-02 front fairing 2. 00-02 wind screen 3. 00-02 ram air system ( intake lip, left & right ducts with chambers) 4. gauge bracket (also holds new fairing in place) 5. 00-02 headlight assembly with wiring harness.

The fairing is a direct bolt on. remove old gauge bracket and replace with new one. transfer gauges to new gauge bracket you have to fit them and then attach them you have to get creative cause the 98-99 gauges are a little different. attach ram air to air box. put lights on and then fairing with windscreen.if you want the small tiangular light to be on then you have to splice into the wiring harness.

If you need more detailed info let me know but once you get all the parts and remove all the 98-99 parts it is pretty easy just swap parts.

P.s. I have the 00-02 upper fairing and gauge bracket if you want to buy them (i'm in NY 2)

Later.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am also interested in converting my 98 to 00-02 head lights. Actually I have no choice because my cousin flipped my bike, and I need an upper new faring and headlight anyways

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi i have all the necesary parts to convert my 99 model front end to the newer J model front, only thing I have found is that the wiring connectors for the clocks and headlight are different. Dont suppose anyone can help with how to rewire them?? or atleast supply a wiring diagram for a J model please.

·
Registered
303 Posts
bike side --------- 00 wiring side

white/red --------- red/black
green --------- green/red
white/yellow --------- red/yellow (tap the red in here also)
grey --------- grey/red
black/yellow --------- black/yellow

·
Registered
114 Posts
im in the process of doing this right now. i ran into some anomolies with the wiring harness, but im attempting to use my skills to work them all out.

cheers

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
you might want to ask a member named diirk. he did that conversion succesfull, he hasnt been around in a while.

·
Registered
114 Posts
for the most part everything went well with the conversion. as stated before i still have anomolies with the 2001 wiring harness. if someone has a diagram of the wiring and you could send it to me that would be fabulous. otherwise, its going to be a couple of days before i can get the book shipped to me.

all in all the major changes are the following:
wiring harness and ecu
ram air
ferring brackets

and that is it!
cheers!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah Guys just wanted to let you know I did the Conversation on Saturday. It only took a couple hours too. If I knew what I was doing I could of cut the time in half. The biggest problem was the wire.

If your interested in doing the conversation these are the parts you need.

00, upper fairing
00 headlight assembly
00 wiring harness
00 gauge bracket
00 wind screen

·
Registered
114 Posts
i actually replaces all of mine with 2001, i have 2001 upper, wiring harness, and the rest of the aformentioned parts! but i still cant figure out what goes where, the engine is a 98.

·
Registered
114 Posts
in serious need of some pictures of the bike completely wired to the major ignition eletronics, coil, battery, kickstand cutoff, and proper grounding this would help tremendously. i have completely built the bike from pieces and this is all i need to finish to get me running! please please please help!

im specifically concerned with how the coil connects, because there are totally different connections on the 98 and the 2001. the rear turn signals are weird too.

thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts
Originally posted by bs121583

bike side --------- 00 wiring side

white/red --------- red/black
green --------- green/red
white/yellow --------- red/yellow (tap the red in here also)
grey --------- grey/red
black/yellow --------- black/yellow
is this the same for the 2001?

·
Registered
114 Posts
well i have done the conversion, the bike runs, but i dont have any headlight! does anyone know the colors for this?

thank you

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.