Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought this bike and i have never owned a bike before, untill now the bike has a d&d pipe ,jet kit,and k&n . it also has a 14 tooth front and a 40 rear .
it almost seems like the bike leans out ,almost as if the main jet isint big enough but last night i replaced the main with a 145 jet,it had a 140 outer and 142.5 inner carbs that mad no difernts at all the does any body have any sugestions [?]

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Have you looked at the condition of your spark plugs to see if its running rich or lean yet?
Are you sure that you didn't pinch one of the carb slide diaphrams when you put the top caps back on after swapping out the needles? Have you tried various needle positions?
145's are fairly large mains for a bike that came stock with 135's and 137.5's. That's alot more fuel than your bike probably needs with only a slip on can.

So here's what I would do if I were in your situation:
Take off all the carb tops one at a time, and make sure the diaphrams weren't pinched.
Switch back to the stock jets if you still have them, or at the very least, the smallest ones in your jet kit.
Check the condition of the spark plugs to see if its running rich or lean, and adjust the jets as needed.

BC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.