Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im working on a 1999 Bayou 220 and I just installed a new carburetor today. I fired it up and its idling and running fine, but when I pump the throttle it is sticking open and I have to "pop" the throttle to get it to close and go back to idle. Any suggestions on where to start to fix the problem? Only thing I can think is the new spring is in a bind or the slide is sticking but im not sure.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Have you tried the carb function without the throttle cable installed ? You might have some cable stiction or bind. If the cable is sticky get a cable luber and see if that solves the problem.

If the carb sticks without the cable attached, I would take the carb apart and check the slide function without the spring to make sure its moving smoothly. If that checks out, start reassembling the carb while checking function at every step possible.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi mate I just bought a 2007 ZX10R and had the same issue!!!! I fixed it! The only thing I did was wash the bike then the issue arose.

Two fixes may do it.

1. Water or lack of lube.
On the throttle body (the plastic casing joined on the left of the throttle) there are two screws. Undo them and pull the casing apart. Clean inside and spray GT86 in. Also spray towards the inside of the actual throttle grip and along the cable. This way fixed mine.

2. Cable not correctly tracked. May be caught on a fairing screw! Remove fairing of required then follow the cable and check of anything is catching it!

Let me know how you get on!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts