Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I just recently purchased a 99 zx-6r from one of my friends for $2500. It Has a D&D Full exhuast, polished frame and swingarm, Jet kit, different sproket, Fender eliminator kit, and lockhart phillips custom LED taillights. I love it. It runs great, just after it gets hot, it shifts a little rough from 1st - 2nd on occasion.
Anyways my question was, the bike has 27000 miles on it. I was just curious if it would hurt anything to switch the oil over to synthetic with this many miles, and if so, which oil (brand, and type) to put in it. Also, do they make any shift kits for this bike?

Thanks

·
Registered
939 Posts
thats a normal thing for kawasaki
they shift a little rough but the trannies are strong.
factorypro.com makes a shifting kit for our bike that should eliminate the problem.
i dont know if changing oil will help but you can always give it a try

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am a big fan of synthetic oil. I don't think that will cure the problem, but it DEFINATLEY could not hurt. Go with MOTUL full synthetic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the respones. Im gonna change the oil this weekend. I didnt think if would help the shifting much, I just would rather run synthetic. Im gonna look into that shift kit. thanks agian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.