Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this suppose to happen? It does it in first very easily. I did not think it would do this. I just got this bike and I was suprised. I was leaning foward and it did this. Also is there a difference between ZX6RG1 and ZX6RG2??? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
The letter/# combination denotes the generation, and what year of production that model is in.

ie: 2000 was the J1, 2001 was J2, 2002 was J3, as it was the 3rd year of the J series.

As for your question "99 ZX6R lifts tire upon powerband?" isn't really a complete sentance, but I think your asking if a 99 should wheelie?? IF so then yes, a 99 can wheelie, either by bouncing it up, or clutching it up.
Also depending on the mods done to it, you might not even need to do that, it might just come up on its own given enough gas..

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think he meens it is lifting on him.....in a power wheelie fashion.....In 1st it should be relativly easy to get the nose up w/power.......

but if your pulling it in 2nd without clutching it DAYUM!!!! I must be doing something wrong cuzz I gotta clutch it on my 636

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
My '98 certainly didn't, even with an aftermarket pipe and properly tuned jet kit. But then, I weigh some 220 pounds, which can make all the difference in the world.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exactly MKultra. In first gear as soon as it hits the powerband the front tires wheelies up about 24 inches and I press the clutch in and go to second it does it again... It probalby only does it in second because of the bounce. I weigh 162lbs. I think I'm putting my butt too far back? Should I hug the tank when I go WOT in 1st? I use to hug the tank on dirtbikes so they wouldn't come up, but I guess the wheelies are from me putting my butt to far back?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Originally posted by GreenEnvy

As for your question "99 ZX6R lifts tire upon powerband?" isn't really a complete sentance, but I think your asking if a 99 should wheelie??
:D:D

Just F'in with you. :D

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yes, you should be up close on the tank when you ride, especially in turns. My bike will come up easily in first if I sit back and just give it a little throttle chop, but I launched kinda hard once and it came up too.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
My '95 ZX-6R used to do that when it was new, so I would think that a '99 model should do it, seeing as how they weigh less and have more power.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Originally posted by bambooi
Should I hug the tank when I go WOT in 1st? I use to hug the tank on dirtbikes so they wouldn't come up, but I guess the wheelies are from me putting my butt to far back?[/quote

You can't keep a streetbike down like on a dirtbike when you lean forward because the rear tire is gonna grip a hell of a lot more than a bike in the dirt. On a dirtbike youre always spinning and losing traction. But on a street bike you are gonna grip and the bike is gonna go up. Unless you use a little clutch action to keep it down or break the tire loose. Leaning forward helps but think about guys that do highchairs or tank wheelies. Their whole body is on the front and it still comes up. Launching hard in first is about clutch and throttle control. Ask any drag racer.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I used to own the bike, It's stock with the exception of a 2Bro slip on. The bike rocks and has been taken very good care of. I weigh about 220 and it came up on me too. It also comes up out of tight 2nd gear tuens with no throttle chop, bouncing or clutch, just power. I was the second owner and the guy I bought it from was a neat freak. I just think the engine was broken in properly and been taken extremely good care of. Van, I would mess with the tension chain or CCT. I think you mind is playing games with you. Get a few opinions from some recommended dealerships and don't tell them what to listen for. Just ask them to listen to it... They will definelty pad the bill with un-needed shizo given the chance. Did you buddy have his fixed. I highly doubt a 22,000 mile ZX6R should be compared to a 6800 mile ZX6R for benchmarking. Take care, Jeff

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
True, but his bike only has a 8k mile engine supposively. I'm not going to mess with it until I hear some input from people who hear it in real life. Thanks Jeff.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Ohh, I thought he told me 22,000. If they are saying only 8, I question that unloess it looks like mine or rather yours. I'll be done that way again, only 6 hours thisd time in VA pickign up my new piece.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The bike has around 27k, but the engine is around 7k-8k. I havn't looked at the mileage on his bike recently.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.