Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, got a 99 zx6r wit full muzzy system. stock aircleaner. factory pro jet kit. it said to install 132.5/135 mains and the included pilots. started up and idles ok after adjusting pilot screws. hold at 4k rpm, not moving, just revving, and pipes turn cherry red, then let go to idle and pipes turn back to normal. so i think its runnin lean in midrange maybe? i have clip on second down from top on needles right where it said to put them. there are no vacuum leaks or nething. should i raise needles up a little? or bigger mains? thnx for help. it was night when i noticed this. worst part is i ran it all summer like this and didnt even know it. lucky it didnt burn down!

·
Registered
157 Posts
You could always try to fatten up the midrange and see what it does. How long did you rev the bike like that to get that effect? Probably not a good idea to do that for a long time. Does the bike run ok normally under a load? Cherry red condition could happen due to no airflow over the headers to cool them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they got red just revving for like 8 seconds. think maybe ill fatten the mid a little. maybe have to fatten the mains eventually?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.