Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am new to the site. I just purchased a 2011 ZX-6r and I am looking to add a few mods to it. I did have a few questions though before.

What re the headlamp sizes? Is it H11 for the Low and H9 for the high? I wanted to get an HID kit, just didnt know what to order. Thanks.

I have the decals on the front fairing and on the tank that I would like to remove. Are the under the clearcoat, or will a little bit of heat and TLC get them off?

I am looking into Slip-ons and I liike the Akrapovic, but was wondering if the optional link pipe is really worth the extra money?. I also wanted to know where to get that carbon fiber heat shield for the link pipe that they sell. Thanks in advance for the help

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
The bulbs you can see and they are labeled on the outside without taking them out, so just look to see which one is the bright and look for the label on the back of the bulb. I'd also recommend replacing the running lights with LED '194' bulbs. It just looks better.

All the decals come off EXCEPT the ones on the tank, those are under the clear.

Extra link gets rid of a lot of weight...if you care, get it, if you dont...then dont. It also will expose more of the pipe because the resonator you're getting rid of also has the mounts for the metal fairing on the bottom of the bike. Some people don't like the way that looks.

No idea on the carbon shield, never seen/heard of one for the 09+.

Welcome to the site!
-Cody

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, bud for the info. A fellow Texan! I'm from Corpus, but working out in Afghanistan currently. I will try and find that heat shield. It looks pretty good and covers the pipe that you are talking about showing.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
I'm originally from Sinton, so I know Corpus pretty well. Came up here for college and never left :)
-Cody

·
Registered
684 Posts
hey wowguy,
welcome to our end of cyberspace...

carbon fiber, you can check this webiste, they might have it:

http://www.powerbronzeusa.com

not sure which heat shield you are referring to, and they have 3 links to heat shields, here's the first one:

http://www.powerbronzeusa.com/16050...AKI-ZX6-R-09-11-(4-PARTS)---CARBON-FIBRE.item

you'll find more parts for out bike if you look under the specific parts on the left menu, then doing a search (ask me how I know)

your bulbs will be listed in your owner's manual, and you should upgrade to LEDS for the the other lights as well. adding HID, it's the best mod I've done to the bike (ok, the power command V is the best but...)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the good info...hey where did you pick up the PCV at? I am so torn between exhausts...two brothers black series or Akrapovic carbon.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Akra every time! There's absolutely no comparison IMO even if it's just a slip on.

I'd NEVER waste my money on a 2Bros.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts