Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well was outside loading up today, and decided to snap a couple quick pics. been so hot lately havent been beating any personal bests lately. bumped the nos up to a 50 shot to help in this heat. probally have close to 200-250 runs on her now since ive gotten her. no problems yet. im building a motor for it now, hoping to be finished with it by late fall. looking to show all these suzk boys around here a little kaw power.

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man, shes still a work in progress. hopefully by next spring i can have the motor built and grudge plastic on it. still got a long way to go, but its coming along. the 14 is a great platform for the strip.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I'd like to get a 14 in my garage one day. They seem to respond real well to minor modifications. Remind me again what your motor plans are?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd like to get a 14 in my garage one day. They seem to respond real well to minor modifications. Remind me again what your motor plans are?
im waiting on my spare block to comeback now. going +2mm overbore, a cnc stage 2 head and cam package, 47mm throttle bodies, je 13.5cr pistons and a good set of rods(thinking of going with crowler). then bump the gas up to 80- 100 shot. hoping to have the motor finished by end of september. hoping it will run on hp what it runs on gas now(5.20-5.30s)i was going to do a 4 mil stroke on the crank, but i have changed my mind about that for now.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks good man :D. Hope the build doesn't take to long, I know how long they tend to stretch out.
im building a spare motor as i go, so im in no big hurry, hoping to have it done by sept or october. stock motor still running strong, so atleast im not going to miss any racing.:D

·
Registered
479 Posts
im building a spare motor as i go, so im in no big hurry, hoping to have it done by sept or october. stock motor still running strong, so atleast im not going to miss any racing.:D
Thats how ya do it :Bike:. Just my 2 cents but I feel more secure with the material, finish on the edges and fit. Carrillo rods have very good quality. Built from top to bottom a 100 shot should be no problem. Can't wait to see it when you get done and you havn't really started lol.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
im waiting on my spare block to comeback now. going +2mm overbore, a cnc stage 2 head and cam package, 47mm throttle bodies, je 13.5cr pistons and a good set of rods(thinking of going with crowler). then bump the gas up to 80- 100 shot. hoping to have the motor finished by end of september. hoping it will run on hp what it runs on gas now(5.20-5.30s)i was going to do a 4 mil stroke on the crank, but i have changed my mind about that for now.
Nice, who's doing your head?

I see Comp CNC has a nice head and 47mm throttle body package out now that has been working well for Rickey Gadson. Then again, you can't ever go wrong with Carpenter either.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice, who's doing your head?

I see Comp CNC has a nice head and 47mm throttle body package out now that has been working well for Rickey Gadson. Then again, you can't ever go wrong with Carpenter either.
yea, im leaning towards jim at comp cnc. adams is right down the road. i think they still hand port, but its hard to argue against that when they run like they do. but will probally end up getting the comp cnc stage 2 head and cam package since they will be doing my tbs. didnt even consider bob. hes done a couple of friends of mine busas and im just really not impressed.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats how ya do it :Bike:. Just my 2 cents but I feel more secure with the material, finish on the edges and fit. Carrillo rods have very good quality. Built from top to bottom a 100 shot should be no problem. Can't wait to see it when you get done and you havn't really started lol.
carrillo rods are nice no doubt. but my understanding if they have a weak spot on the 14 rods, its around the wrist pin. the crowler rods are a little stronger thru the wrist pin area. but it will be one of the two. im going to take my time putting it together. im in no big rush aslong as the stocker stays together. shooting to have the whole bike finished by spring. grudge plastic, light wheels. my best friend has his 14 down to 412lbs per the scales at rockingham.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts