Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
i just learned how to wheelie last week... i can ride sit downs in first gear all the way to redline..i haven't attempted to shift yet... these pics aren't the best but i'll have some more coming...

yellow = fast

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Last week huh, you're doing well! Looks like a good spot to be doing them too...

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
303 Posts
yeah i first tried a wheelie on my 6r last week... i clutch them..i find it very controlled.....i can consistantly raise the tire the same height each attempt and i have never felt like i was gonna flip..i feel comfortable at the balancing point but can only go so far in first...i have tried to clutch it up in second but haven't gotten it very good yet... these pictures are bad.. i'm goin to get some more when i'm at the balance point..

yellow = fast

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have a quick question: In first gear are you bringing the bike to the balance point and staying steady on the throttle or are you reaching the balance point and then blipping the throttle to keep it up. I'm trying to learn how to ride it out in first. I can occasionally ride it out all the way in first but not everytime like I would like. I'm scared to "blip" the throttle because I dont want to loop it. I need some advice. Getting the bike in the air is no problem.Ohh and one more I'm powering the bike up. I'm scared of the clutch because I almost looped it the first time I tried it[:p]

·
Registered
999 Posts
He is not riding in 1st at the balance point or else he wouldnt be going all the way to the rev limiter. Your not gonna ride wheelies in 1st very far because you will not be able to ride at the balance point unless your doing slow wheelies like 12's which is way above beginer level. If you want to ride any distance and learn the balance point you will have to learn to do wheelies in 2nd.

2002 954RR
2001 ZX6R (stunt bike)

http://home.sc.rr.com/minytrker/bike.htm

·
Registered
303 Posts
once i pop the clutch a little it brings the front up then i just use throttle to take it to the balance point... then i just ride it til i hit redline then bring it down.. very simple..i really need to learn 2nd gear wheelies.. i know if i can get it up there in 2nd i can ride it forever..

·
Registered
999 Posts
Your clutching it up in 1st? 2nd is a lot smoother and safer, 1st will come up all power without a clutch. You are still not high enough to be at the balance point if your hitting the rev limiter. Looking at the pictures you will have to bring the front up a lot more before being at the balance point.

2002 954RR
2001 ZX6R (stunt bike)

http://home.sc.rr.com/minytrker/bike.htm

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hey minytrker, In his second picture he is not at the balance point? That looks awfully high. How much higher is the balancing point then that. Maybe thats why I haven't hit it yet because being up much higher than that scares the shit out of me right now.:D

·
Registered
303 Posts
no i'm not at the balance point on either pic... my girlfriend took the picture while i was coming down each time... i can ride them at the balance point all the way to the limiter..

·
Registered
572 Posts
When I hit wheelies, i shift with no clutch and back off the gas slightly and I can get 2nd and much of third. I only had this bike a month and the weather hasn't been the greatest in PGH, PA. I'm sure I'll be hitting them better one the weatehr makes a complete turn.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
yratellim,

can you cause any damage shifting w/ no clutch?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't think power wheeling will cause any damage. Just don't keep revving it up constantly while trying to do it. Just try it a few times, than ride around and change the gears and stuff. Than come back and try again.

You gota have balls like these to drive a bike!

·
Registered
315 Posts
i gotta say, im with minytrker. you are not at the balance point. i dont care if you were on the way down or not. only THE BEST can ride first gear balance points. its cause the throttle is so touchy at such a low speed. if you are acclerating during a wheelie you are NOT at the balance point, dont get it twisted. the faster the wheelie the lower the balance point. ive got around 5k miles experience and have only found the balance point on 3rd gear wheelies. i have a video that has it and it is still higher than the pics you show. with your wheel that low off the ground you have to be acclerating that is why you hit the limiter. i wouldnt try fucking with first gears too much. just hit some second gears or better yet a 3rd, youll find them easier to hold up longer with less chance of looping. other than settin you straight on the terminology, great lookin wheelies. (just not balance point wheelies LOL)

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
check out this "12 o'clock wheelie" clip off this site. there's some other wild shit on here to. ONe dewd goes 170 past a cop, HELLO! Weav'n in & outta traffic- a$$holes like that give us a bad name.

But this wheelie, I don't see how he recovered it.. And the "hang on" at the bottom, that's one helluva recovery!

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/misc/videos.html

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.