Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all zx6 owners.
I just bought a zx6 last week used, 2005 ZX-6R 636.
The FI light came on and I couldn't figure out what error it was... the light would not pulse even in service mode.
So I took it to the Kawi dealership.

SO it turns out, the guy had installed a shabby aftermarket alarm system (it had a VIPER key fob, but after inspecting the actual module near the rear fuse box, it wasn't even VIPER....

I am planning to reverse engineer it back to stock (and someday upgrade to a Scorpio). I have the 05 service manual, but would like a visual picture of what the stock wiring should look like.

I am wondering if I could ask fellow ZX6 owners, if they can take a couple detailed pictures of the stock wiring so that it can help me out. Any additional info would also be cool...

Please give me a hand!!!

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I have a wiring harness thats not installed and I can take pixs of that. Is there any certain area you wanted to see?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so this is what my wiring looks like now

now this alarm system is total garbage from the previous owner and i need to get it back to what its supposed to look like as stock...

can anyone provide a picture of the wiring so that i can slowly work my way back to stock???

thanks...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts