Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i stop at a local bar to have a beer after work. I'm on the patio enjoying my beer and some jack ass snatches my brand new icon domain decay helmet and runs. By the time i got to his truck he is pealing out of the parking lot. Called the cops to file a report and luckily one of the officers is nice enough to lend me his police helmet so i could get home. I FUCKING HATE THEIVES!!!Let me catch him out some where.:weapons18:

·
Registered
801 Posts
damn man, sorry to hear that. thats fudged up! i hope you do see him somewhere

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
That suxxors.

Was the helmet on the bike?

I always take mine in with me

·
Registered
626 Posts
when i go to work i see people leave their helmets on their bikes all the time. i cant do that...or even lock it on the helmet locks. even though the security office is right there, and everyone who sees me knows i ride the green ninja, i take my helmet with me and stash it above the lockers. its hidden behind pipes and shoes so i feel pretty good about its location. and again, if anyone snatches it and the security guys see them on the way out im sure theyd stop them.

thats just messed up though man...thats why i dont trust people i dont know. you just never know what some asshat is gonna do!

·
Registered
97 Posts
definitely shitty, sorry to hear. I learned the hard way too, I left one of mine on the bike as I walked around the corner to talk to a friend at a gas station, someone drove up, snatched it, and drove off...no respect these people have....

·
Registered
418 Posts
Lid

Nice neighbourhood you live in!!

I always use the helmet lock under the passenger seat.

Unfortunately you can't trust anybody these days.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I always bring my helmet inside with me wherever I go.

My friend has his locked in the latch under the passenger seat, and some ass cut the strap and stole it anyway.

I hate theives.

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
I never understood cutting the strap... not like you can use it. dummy.

The only time I leave my lid with my bike is when I'm at the local bike night, or when I go on a group ride with my buddies (~ 7-10 riders) and they leave their too.

That sucks man, hope karma comes around for both your and that fuggin thief!

·
Registered
625 Posts
That sucks man when i ride to work i always take my helmet in the work truck with me or put it in my locker.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,863 Posts
i left it on the bike like a dumbass. but i was looking right at it. saw him snatch and run.
:( It always confuses the hell out of me when I see people leave their helmets on their bikes like that. At least it was an Icon and not like a Shark or Arai or something...sometimes when I see a helmet left on a bike I'll move it to another place on the bike...I keep hoping to send the message that it's not safe, but this one dude at work rides a pre-03 Aprilia RSV Mille and leaves his Aprilia helmet on his bike (I think it's a branded mid-range Suomy, but still not cheap)...I've moved it like five times now and he still leaves it on the bike. :confused: I just don't get it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
:( It always confuses the hell out of me when I see people leave their helmets on their bikes like that. At least it was an Icon and not like a Shark or Arai or something...sometimes when I see a helmet left on a bike I'll move it to another place on the bike...I keep hoping to send the message that it's not safe, but this one dude at work rides a pre-03 Aprilia RSV Mille and leaves his Aprilia helmet on his bike (I think it's a branded mid-range Suomy, but still not cheap)...I've moved it like five times now and he still leaves it on the bike. :confused: I just don't get it.
You need to leave that dude a note.

·
Registered
314 Posts
at least it was an icon? that was a $390.00 helmet!!
man that is some helmet. im sry about the loss of ur helmet man. i know it can be a pain sometimes, when people just take your stuff. i mean how low can they go? hope you get another helmet soon :D

1 - 20 of 64 Posts