Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I gutted the two rear baffles out, including the rear two tips that was in the end cap. I know i need a new tire, I have some on the way. Just wanting to know what you all think of the black tip. O yeah the exhaust sounds just like a Scorpion on my buddies gsxr 6. Ok as requested here's the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvCQ5z4wLGQ

Update. Seal the tip to the exhaust can. If not there is a risk the hot gases will leak back into the tail section and cause damage. IE melting. Two reports so far. I haven't encountered this but i'm going to seal it up just in case. Do the same. Sorry for the adverse effects.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm uploading a video to youtube right now, I'll add the link to my original post.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes i do keep it covered.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I like it, nice job.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Looks and sounds good, so are you gonna post a how-to/write up?

·
Registered
186 Posts
One better...

Use this diagram to illustrate what all you cut out...(I found this on another thread about modding the exhaust)

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
What i did

Well i cut the back panel out getting rid of the two tips and the wall they was welded to. I left the lower mounting tab,(had to cut around that). Then i beat the blocking wall out on the brake pedal side of the second wall, Couldn't reach in and cut it. I wasn't to worried about hurting any thing, So in the diagram that its not letting me save so i can edit it, the back of the pipe is hollowed out two all the way to the wall that has the two pipes going through it. Its a straight shot all the way out with only one active chamber in the entire muffler. Here's some pics

Yes i know it looks like ass. But i wasn't actually thinking it would turn out as good as it did. I was going to buy a Akra any ways but now that i know its basicly a straight shot all the way out now and it sounds so good. I'm just going to stick with it, IMHO stock looks better than any thing else any ways. The only thing that bother me was the quite of it and the silver tip. I also painted the foot guards black. My plan is to get most everything black. The only thing is while i was waiting for them to dry one of the mounting screws disappeared. Would any one have a spare for the shifter side. The little hex head that holds on the kick plate guard.

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hmmm..?

Really? It wouldn't let you save it? Cause I just tried to click on it , then right click and it gives me the save option. That's strange. Cause I plan on buying an extra muffler off ebay and taking it to a muffler shop (I don't have the equipment to do it myself). But I'm debating on how to get the best and cleanest sound out of it. I'll try posting the diagram a different way, maybe it will let you save it then. Give me a minute.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Another try

Ok see if you can save this one. I think it's easiest to edit in Paint, unless you have something better. Here goes...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok its up there in the above post

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Yep thats it. Just make sure you leave the mounting tabs, The top ones won't be touched but the bottom one you have to cut around. Then you can sand and paint your exhaust tip what ever color you like and there you go. Great sound, I would say better performance considering the straight through path. I'm satisfied.

Although i didn't cut the bottom out and have it re-welded. I just did everything from the back, while the exhaust was on the bike.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sweet, thanks. So, is it even noticeable when looking under the tail? Or does the cap pretty much cover everything up? That would be my only concern.

1 - 20 of 198 Posts