Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You're going to have to ride that far before you go on the trip! Kind of have to break it in bud.

Dan...comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
18 Posts
well i'm just getting back in the states sometime the beginning of may and plan on pickin up my new 636. of course gotta make a 9 hour trip like 3 days after i get it. anyone gone the distance on the 03 yet? just curious of what to expect. haven't rode that far before. already got a CD player and tank bag for the ride.

·
Registered
18 Posts
oh, i know i gotta break it in (hence the 3 days before i leave ;) ). and i'm going on vacation to florida when i get back. gonna stop by daytona and head down to miami. meeting some old high school buddies.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Not only will you need those 3 days to break the bike in, but you will need the time to allow your body to adjust to the new ride. That trip might be that much more uncomfortable just because you don't have ample time to get used to it. Hopefully, three days will be sufficient.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
zemenar11
when you get down tho miami dont forget to go to at least one of our bikenights. Theres on thursady fridasy and saturday. All in the miami area.

·
Registered
18 Posts
sweet...when i get all the details together about when i'll be there i'll send you a message and find out where i gotta go and what not. of course hopefully you're all right i'm i'm used to it enough where i can at least sit down after the ride.

·
Registered
203 Posts
How was the ride?

I'm seriously thinking about making a ride from Texas to the Orlando, FL area ;)

1200 miles one way. 14 hours doing 90MPH. I remember making the trip in 12 hours in a car doing 70-80MPH so I think mapquest.com is a little off, that or my brain is. Hopefully I'll be able to find someone that would want to go with me and has a car/truck/suv with a hitch. U-Haul rents motorcycle trailers for about 14 bucks a day which isn't bad. Only catch about the trailer is that you have to return it from the place where you rented it from, not a problem in my case.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Yet another post dug up from the bowels of the forum's past.
BC.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ya that is definately true, Louisana's roads are garbage. Maybe loosening the shocks would help the bumpy ride, just through that state though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.