Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a love affair that I never thought would end. But as fate would have it, I had to sell it today. The ironic thing is that I used to read ads of bikes for sale in the newspapers and online, and discover the reason many people sold their bikes for money. Everytime I read a ad like that I swore to myself that I'd never sell my bike for money. It was more important than money. If I needed money, I'd give something else up, but my bike would be the last thing I would ever sell. And now, almost two years to the day that I bought it, I was forced to sell it for exactly that reason. But it wasn't to buy something newer, it wasn't to get a car or just because I needed some fast cash. It was because I am moving to San Diego, and I'm barley 18, so in order for me to get an apartment and survive at all the motorcycle had to go. I couldn't sell anything else because that's the only real thing of value I have.

So, as I watched my bike drive down the street and around the corner for the last time today, I thought of what a beautiful bike it is, and how wrong it looked with someone else on it. But my real point to writing this is not to describe the passion I had and still have for riding, but to remind you that you share this same passion for motorcycles, and that you have one sitting in your garage right now. Take it out for a ride. Just ride. I found that I never had a bad ride; as long as I was on my bike I was having fun. Didn't matter what or when or where. I rode in the snow, in the 100 degree heat, in rain and hail, and every other form of weather New York gets. I could have easily passed 25,000 miles that year if I had known I was going to sell it now. I hadn't really done serious mileage in a couple months, but as the time drew near to when I was going to sell it, I made sure I rode it every second I got. The new owner even remaked how I had put 200 miles on it since yesterday when he came to give me the deposit.

The good news is that I will have another bike in the near future, and there isn't any rain or snow or hail in San Diego. I even kept my leather jacket and helmet, so I the first chance I get I will buy another motorcycle. I don't care what it is, and I'm sure it won't be as nice as my shiny Ninja, but at least I'll be riding again. I just hope my next bike will bring me the same joy my previous bike did. Maybe I'll get that same rush when I see it sitting in the garage at night. Or at least just knowing that it's there. I should probably stop writing about now, but before I do I want to say that you should never take riding your bike for granted, because you might find your love affair drawing to a close also.

Here's some pics that I had laying around:

Yours Truly

Some pictures New York Style

Having some fun on a recent trip to Shelter Island

Old and New

One more of it stock

And that my friends, is my way of saying goodbye to my bike. It definitely wasn't the last, but it'll always be the first.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Damn sorry to hear you had to let her go. I know how it can get when it comes to your first love(bike). When I bought my 636 I had my 99 at the dealer ready to trade in and I just couldn't force myself to do it. First bike holds a lot of good memories!

Hope eveything works out in San Diego.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks a lot guys, i'm leaving for my flight now. I'm nervous!!! hahaha

i don't know when i'll be posting again, but as soon as i find a computer i will sign on to this website.

:D:D

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
thats sad man, i know im going to have a hard time letting go of my 01 at the end of the year.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Man, that was worse than watching fried green tomatos, or sleepless in seattle...I seriously think I wept a bit after that...

I may sell my bike for money, but I will never sell it for a girlfriend :)

Follow up on that statement in two years...

·
Registered
232 Posts
i used to have one just like yours and got stolen i saw her go on the back of a flat bed after the insurance pay her off (really really sad moment)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.