Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Had my 2005 zxr for about 3 weeks now and have a possible issue and a question to ask :). Please forgive me if these are obvious.
The bike has the following extras: akra slip on, pciii running jd's map, kn filter.

FI light has been on a lot, when the bike is on, but im going to presume thats to do with the pciii being installed?

Problem: Everytime I use the bike I allow it to warm up to at least 45 degrees before leaving on it, but whilst it is still warming up it has developed a problem when accelerating. When I open the throttle up it hits around 8-9000rpm and within a second the bike dies and quickly picks back up again. Any ideas what the issue would be? Sorry if this is very obvious.

I also understand that with the akra slip on the cold idle is a little more jumpy than standard exhaust?

Any help appreciated :)

·
Powerhungry
37,700 Posts
i would try a different map to start.
jds map is very rich, as he had a LOT more done to his engine than most.

also, the pc wont cause the light to be on. likely its the servo fix. pop the seat off and check to make sure its in place, and tight.

if it is...its time to pull the codes. check the FAQ section here for how to do that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts