Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that a lot of people will hate me for asking this question... but I just have to know, Why do people stunt on new bikes? It kills me to see someone stunting on a brand new bike. You know that it is going to get wrecked sooner or later, so why not use an older bike that is already wrecked? I know that may be what some people do, but there are others who spend lots of money on a new bike, and then that same season end up wrecking it by doing something stupid.

I am not knocking the sport of bike stunting, just because I don't get it doesn't mean that I think its stupid or anything. it just blows my mind to see people spend a good chunk of money on a nice bike, only to beat the shit out of it and make it worthless. Is it just me? I mean, I bought my bike to ride it, but perhaps it is just another one of those preferences, some people choose to buy cruisers, and some choose sport bikes. Some choose to tour, while other buy a bike to ride in a city and park it on the street. It just seems like a steep investment to use improperly.

I don't understand stunting, I am sorry. I know by saying these words, I am probably hated by over half the people on this site now, but I don't mean anything bad by it. Perhaps someone could explaint o me what drives a person to stunt.

(I apologize if I have offended any stunters in the forum, I didn't mean to, I am just ranting I guess)

·
Registered
945 Posts
Stunting is awesome if you can do it...I cant personally. I also dont see the point in buying a brand new bike and stunting it but I guess to each his own...and I'm sure a good percentage of new bikes you see being stunted have been stolen. Not saying people on here do it but there are TONS of people who steal bikes and stunt them or sell them as track only bikes....it happens.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I personally prefer canyon carving and track riding, i do however love to watch a good stunter. would i do it on my new bike? no. but i'll watch someone else.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Everyone has their own thing I guess, and stunters do what they enjoy. My only other complaint to stunters is that they stop doing on public streets. You wouldn't believe the looks I get from police just because I drive a sport bike. They think that everyone who owns one will go 300km/h all the time, or do stunts on the roads. It kind of gives a bad rep to other bikers. But I guess people will always have their own opinion about bikers. You wouldn't believe how many older people HATE bikers. Some nasty looks for riding normal sometimes :)

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
i agree with bhavesh, its easier to stunt a newer bike. they have better horse power numbers, flatter torque curves, fuel injection(for prolonged wheelies), lighter, better brakes. i also agree with burple that a lot of the bikes are stolen. i enjoy a good stunt show, but i wish they would keep it off the street.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.