Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on the fourms for a short time, but I've notice alot of the 250 guys get bashed on by others. I know alot of the bashing is because of ignorant noobies, but sometimes I've noticed some sr. members getting mad at some noob who asks a dumb but "noob" question and gets bashed for asking about it. I'm not trying to stir the pot, but some of us 250 riders are responsible and respectable. Some people don't know alot and don't feel like searching or don't have the time to search. I know it's hard not to bash noobies but as a noob it's kind of intimidating to ask something and afraid to get bashed. I honestly didn't know if this should be in the 250 forum or off topic, but since it deals with the 250 guys I decided to post here. Mods...feel free to move if you would like...Not trying to cause trouble. Thanks

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
As a new rider and newer to this forum, I totally feel where you are coming from. I just don't really agree with the whole "Some people don't know alot and don't feel like searching or don't have the time to search. " That's just BS. I come here a lot now and it's very annoying to see the same topics brought up over and over and over and over. So I can understand why some of the more senior members usually respond with harshness and something along the lines of SEARCH. I searched these forums for a few weeks before I joined, and after I joined I searched for a few MORE weeks before I posted any questions. It's about common sense and not be lazy and wanting everything done for you. It's not hard or difficult to search for an answer to a question. It just takes some time. If you just bought a 250 and have a question about it, chances are 99.9% likely that someone else already had that same question and it was answered!!! The other problem with just posting to get an answer quickly is that it fills up the 250 section with TONS of threads making it even more difficult to read through all the crap to actually search for the answer/s you want/need. So if everyone searched before they posted a duplicate thread, searching would be much easier and efficient and no one would complain about the search function. If I can answer a question in one sentence, I will. But if it takes more than that I will suggest to search.

·
Registered
647 Posts
all the time you take the post you could have just search and i am sure you would have gotten your answer. this post is pointless just like all the others that dont teach anything about the bike.

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
As a new rider and newer to this forum, I totally feel where you are coming from. I just don't really agree with the whole "Some people don't know alot and don't feel like searching or don't have the time to search. " That's just BS. I come here a lot now and it's very annoying to see the same topics brought up over and over and over and over. So I can understand why some of the more senior members usually respond with harshness and something along the lines of SEARCH. I searched these forums for a few weeks before I joined, and after I joined I searched for a few MORE weeks before I posted any questions. It's about common sense and not be lazy and wanting everything done for you. It's not hard or difficult to search for an answer to a question. It just takes some time. If you just bought a 250 and have a question about it, chances are 99.9% likely that someone else already had that same question and it was answered!!! The other problem with just posting to get an answer quickly is that it fills up the 250 section with TONS of threads making it even more difficult to read through all the crap to actually search for the answer/s you want/need. So if everyone searched before they posted a duplicate thread, searching would be much easier and efficient and no one would complain about the search function. If I can answer a question in one sentence, I will. But if it takes more than that I will suggest to search.

and that is why I heart CG.

but yeah, I have no problem with people asking stupid questions... I did it a lot when I came in... but I think there is a certain level of humility that comes into it. When I would ask a question I knew I could get flamed for, I would explain why I was asking.... but then again, I would search to see if I could find something first.

If you need proof of what I say, look at how many 250 threads were started regarding, "My gas cap/tank is making a funny noise":mad::)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
all the time you take the post you could have just search and i am sure you would have gotten your answer. this post is pointless just like all the others that dont teach anything about the bike.
This is the kind of response I am talking about. If you don't like something or think its pointless, then don't say a damn thing at all. I dont give a flying f*ck what you think and all I was asking why the harshness. You didn't have to be a douche bag about it. If it really bothers you, have a mod move it to off topic. Damn I don't care..hence that's why I apologized in advance if someone thought I posted in the wrong forum. Get the tampon out of your ass and lighten up. YOU are one of the worst "bashers" on this site that I have seen. Just cause a noob asks a dumb question doesn't give you the right to be a f*ckstick.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and that is why I heart CG.

but yeah, I have no problem with people asking stupid questions... I did it a lot when I came in... but I think there is a certain level of humility that comes into it. When I would ask a question I knew I could get flamed for, I would explain why I was asking.... but then again, I would search to see if I could find something first.

If you need proof of what I say, look at how many 250 threads were started regarding, "My gas cap/tank is making a funny noise":mad::)

I agree with you there. Search is a great and I'll admit I don't use it all the time. But hey, we all make mistakes...I just feel like someone shouldn't get bashed for it.

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
This is the kind of response I am talking about. If you don't like something or think its pointless, then don't say a damn thing at all. I dont give a flying f*ck what you think and all I was asking why the harshness. You didn't have to be a douche bag about it. If it really bothers you, have a mod move it to off topic. Damn I don't care..hence that's why I apologized in advance if someone thought I posted in the wrong forum. Get the tampon out of your ass and lighten up. YOU are one of the worst "bashers" on this site that I have seen. Just cause a noob asks a dumb question doesn't give you the right to be a f*ckstick.

let's play some interweb investigation....

First, look at the screen name... dime a dozen. I'm guessing it's one of the multiple names used by a troll.
Second, it's the interweb, it has anonymity... so you can't take things too personally.
Third... ok, there is no third. Just don't let the bastards grind you down....

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
I agree with you there. Search is a great and I'll admit I don't use it all the time. But hey, we all make mistakes...I just feel like someone shouldn't get bashed for it.
Or just get over it. ::shrug::

There's a different between light(and some not so light) ribbing and over the top asshattery.

Most of the time it's the lighter ribbing from the annoyance of the repetitive nature of this section of the forum...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Not to much you can do bout douchebags

·
Registered
443 Posts
Emoticon answer...

Yeah, that section of the forum has developed a culture all it's own. :(
In general, it's ok to be new:)...but
It's not ok to not attempt a search:mad:. Essentially you're telling folk that your time is more valuable than theirs when you don't search. :2up:
Take the time to search and you'll be fine. If you don't find it, ask away.

So, what's your question?

:stfu:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, that section of the forum has developed a culture all it's own. :(
In general, it's ok to be new:)...but
It's not ok to not attempt a search:mad:. Essentially you're telling folk that your time is more valuable than theirs when you don't search. :2up:
Take the time to search and you'll be fine. If you don't find it, ask away.

So, what's your question?

:stfu:
Thanks for your point. I see where you are coming from and I wasn't trying to imply that my time is more valuable than others. I apologize for an inconvenience that this thread has caused. Please close this thread. I want to have a good rep. on here. I like this site the best out of all the other Kawi forums out there. I have gotten alot of advice and pointers on here and I want to continue to make new friends and not enemies. I apologize to Dimeadozen for my rude remarks....I just got alittle heated. Thanks for everyones response

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.