Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the only thing I can really tell you is that the bike has a 4.8 gallon tank. So figure you can use 4 gallons of gas before you start getting worried about the level being lower than you prefer.

I would figure the bike can get between 30-45 mpg, the latter number being a nice constant highway rythmn. So 4*45=180, and 4*30=120. So I would guess that you would get somewhere in that range. Not nearly as good as my Ninja 250, though. ;)

As for how much to put back in, that's easy. You let the nozzle go to the self shut off point, then you pull the nozzle up in the tank to the bottom of the filler neck, and finish filling the tank up to that point.

BC.

I didn't do it, I swear.
And even if I did, what makes you think I would admit it to you?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am looking to take a trip on my 2003 zx6r but I can't find the milage in the users manual, does anyone know how far I can expect to go on a full tank of gas?
Also exactly when is the tank full, if I stick the nozzle in the tank after my warning light comes on I get a whole 2 gallons in before the dang nozzle stops. Do I pull the nozzle out and fill the tank to the very near the cap?

Thanks in Advance,
REy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.