Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, lets say you are going on your Ninja 250R, a speed around 70-80 km/h (between 43 and 49 mph) you are on a curve, and you are leaning. Obviously the leaning isnt that big, because of the speed.
Lets say the street is very bumpy... Its like scratched and its not flat...all that stuff... Not a healthy street... In a car you can feel its bumpy but no problems... The question will be... With your Ninja 250R stock tires and that type of leaning... it may lose traction? Will I be sleeping in Heaven after I try that curve? Or I can easily be leaning and going at that speed (or faster) and not lose traction and perfectly handle it? Hope someone with experience in something like this can help me!

· Registered
729 Posts
I don't think anyone can help you with that question, because everyone else is not
you. If you are not comfortable with it then that should tell you something right there.
It's all about steps, a learning curve if you will.
Good luck!

· Premium Member
15,847 Posts
It depends on so many factors!

Have you taken a motorcycle riding class? In the U.S. we have MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation) classes. You would learn a lot in the BRC (Beginning Riders Course).

:)

· Strat - the Asian edition
12,887 Posts
no...it's not a really good question

I second newbie, take the MSF course. Sounds like you haven't based on your questions.

No one can give you an answer on that. Bumpy can mean anything from occassional bump here and there, to full on "wtf were the road pavers smoking when they paved this road", etc.

Take it at a speed you're comfortable with. And, stop worrying and stressing over every minor road condition. Be a computer, see the road, evaluate the road, execute your chosen action
That's just one of the things they'll teach you in MSF. I've long forgotten the actual name until someone reminded me what it was called. I just ingrained that way of thinking into my riding habit.

Motorcycle SEE System | Motorcycle Assistant

OP really take an MSF course. It will do more to keep you rubber side down than any set of new tires, etc.

· Registered
464 Posts
Use your judgement. If your line around the curve has a couple potholes well...yeah... Then you take on other factors condition, severity of the road, tire temp, experience. Analyze, organize, execute.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.