Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I was looking into getting a 250 I was really curious as to how it stacks up to larger bikes and whether or not I'd be able to go on rides with my friends who are on 600's and liter machines. This is a video of 2 250's taking a long trip with several other riders on larger bikes. There is lots of footage of just how fast the larger bikes pull away and a great deminstration of how the 250 can cruise with the big boys.

If people come in here asking about how the 250 stacks up or if it has sufficient power then this is an excellent video to point them to. I know it helped me out a lot when I was deciding if the 250 was right for me. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iLPEIs4pSw

·
Overwhelming Splendidery
13,553 Posts
It can definitely handle the highway - the only place it lacks is the power of course.

It's not a slow machine by any means, and if you don't need to go 0-60 in 3 seconds, or hit 120+MPH regularly, it'll do just fine :D

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yeah i travel on the I-10 to phoenix from sierra vista ( about a 3 hour ride) and my average speed is 90. I have no problem on the high way. I can ride with guys on 600s and 1000s no problem, just as long as they dont go faster than 110!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Its defenately possible to keep up with 600s in most instances unless you start to get into an open stretch of road. I rode this weekend with an r6 and a GSXR 600...you have to be much more concious of your powerband but i kept just as good or better line (5 consecutive hairpins) than the 600cc on the curvy germany roads. I dont think there is a straight road in Germany. A trip on I-10 would defenately be lackluster cause that road is pretty straight...especially between tucson and pheonix. So it defenately depend what your doing. Making a run down a curvy road and the bigger bikes higher weight will play more into your advantage. I feel like like i can run a little hotter into corners most times on this bike just because it is lighter. My entry speed was defenately higher the stock GSXR and is more on par with the entry speed of the r6 with suspension modifications. Most of it has to deal with skill and the pace that is being set.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts