Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been riding about 3yrs. now. i currently have a 636 but i love the the zx10r. i have been thinking of getting one. any advice would be helpful weather its yah or nah.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Originally posted by carbonr1
it also depends on your type of riding. Street only, go for it. Track only, no deal keep the 6.
I disagree, my 10 handles better or just as well as any 6 I've ridden. its just a little less forgiving of rider error.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Originally posted by carbonr1
it also depends on your type of riding. Street only, go for it. Track only, no deal keep the 6.
Both are great bikes for street or track...... If you are a vetran on the track i would take the 10 over a 6 any day

·
Registered
317 Posts
I went from an 04 636 to an 06 10R. Truly depends on how you ride and what you expect from the bike. I never thought my 636 was slow... until I rode my 10R and I got that impression in break-in before I ever truly cracked the throttle. As mentioned above, the 10R is less forgiving. I could spin up the rear on my 636, but it took a little effort. The 10R, does it without breathing hard. Plus, the 10R provides breathtakingly deceptive acceleration. The 10R is a better intown ride due to usable power in the lower gears in my opinion, but in the end, it is up to you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i have never been to a track but plan to, and i very said to say i live in western ok where there is one curve every 30 miles. there are alot of places to top-out but you have to watch for bambi.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I agree with you absolute, I also reside here. We have a lot of straights. I just sold my 636 for a 06 10r. Most of it will be street riding. I have seen many deers try to cross out in front of you while riding, very scary. Dead skunks, oppossums, etc. My buddy ran over a blown semi tire and still mananged to keep the bike upright.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Originally posted by vfassassin<br>I agree with you absolute, I also reside here. We have a lot of straights. I just sold my 636 for a 06 10r. Most of it will be street riding. I have seen many deers try to cross out in front of you while riding, very scary. Dead skunks, oppossums, etc. My buddy ran over a blown semi tire and still mananged to keep the bike upright.
Yeah watch out for those damn **************, Bambi took my and my 6R down 2 weeks ago. Not fun or cheap. Thus my new ride on the dark side. I love em both!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.