Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

About setting sag...

687 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  jdgun_13 
#1 ·
Just curious if anyone around 220lbs has been able to get decent sag numbers w/ the stock 05/06 636 fork springs. If so, how many lines did you have showing?

I was trying to measure my sag again and at 3 lines showing on the forks I was getting about pretty close to 38mm, but the wierd thing is when I went down to 1 line showing my sag measurements were getting BIGGER and NOT smaller.

Also, do your compression/ rebound have to be zero'd out of in the middle of the adjustment range to get accurage sag measurements?

-r.

#3 ·
You 2 guys are fucked, on that topic..
I am around 220-230 depending and could only mnuster somewhere in the neighborhood of 38mm of sag, Damn POGO stick i tell you..

Just change your springs out and you will be ALOT happier..
springs run about $120.00 a set
fork seals $40.00
if they want the forks removed take you about 1 hour to do it..
overall not a hard thing to do yourself if you are not changing valving or anything else..

#5 ·
NONE...
The preload lines you are referring to were all the way in the forks...
Thus i went with traxxion forks cartridges that i got a sweet ass deal on and now i am set..full adjsutability with options..

same thing applied with my RC51

I just set up 3 other peoples bikes on saturday and one guy went to the track with me and he was SUPER Happy

Another guy is a road rider and was pretty damn impressed that just getting the sag set PROPERLY could make such a difference

#7 ·
Not so sure on them,
i really like traxxion and also thermoson does a shit load of work for the racers..He uses Ohlins products..

From what i have been told the stock 6R springs are a lighter rate versus the 6RR, and even then they dont equal the rate quality the aftermarket is using...

I would say go with Ohlins springs-1st choice
Traxxion-2nd choice

If your looking into sending off your forks, then almost anyone can do the spring change for you, just make sure you use a top notch spring, like one of the ones from above..
When in doubt go Ohlins, as they truly are the best..

i will see if i can pull a few numbers for you guys to try

#10 ·
when you change the sag say from with rider 40mm to 35mm you are going to screw the pre-load CLOCKWISE, which will make the lines go away as it is turning it inwards...

RWU forks should be no different

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.