Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i know there are tons of topics on steering dampers but i was wondering because people said that low speed turning was harder because of them..but i was sitting on a gsxr 600 at work and the steering felt normal even though it had a stock steering damper on it? was this one just loose or something? or do stock ones just suck?
also, are there quick adjusting thingys on aftermarket ones for when you're riding at less of a pace so you can loosen them up?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Yes, the stock dampers just suck. The only way you'll notice a difference is if you ride the bike with a damper and then without one. It will turn much more easily without one, but you get used to the effort needed to turn it with a damper fitted and after a while you don't even notice that it takes more effort than it should.
Aftermarket dampers are adjustable for the amount of damping they provide so you can wind the damping right off if you don't need it, or virtually lock the steering solid (well, in some cases that's what it feels like) if you need lots of damping force.

·
Registered
16 Posts
yeah, the stock dampers suck. i bought a scotts damper it was $400 and i was wondering if it was worth it while i was waiting for it to come in. i installed it in 5 mins and and played with the adjustments a little and took off ..........its awesome i will never ride without one again you bike will handle better and make you a better rider. ( or it made me a better one anyways!) www.hardracing.com has about the best price on the scotts damper

ppo player play on

·
Registered
16 Posts
oh by the way, dont make the mistake i made a few times... having the damper adjusted to tight and go into a city and have to make a sharp turn at slow speed.

ppo player play on

·
Registered
53 Posts
Originally posted by rice 1
oh by the way, dont make the mistake i made a few times... having the damper adjusted to tight and go into a city and have to make a sharp turn at slow speed.

ppo player play on
Is it easily adjusted when needed to? Like while riding?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.