Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
no experinece and with the MSF under my belt at 19, $585. now $415 for liability. they take payments so dont worry too much about it. i have progressive, although some members renewals have gone up.

·
Registered
156 Posts
im 21 with no MSF and for liabilty where im living is $127.89 for 6 months...but im also going through a local company, might not be the best choice but it sure looks good to the wallet :D

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
23 $425$ new 636.but had a bike for 5 years now.but just crashed in spring[:0] so my rates will go up next year. it better to pay it off It's cheaper.[:M22]

·
Registered
446 Posts
It also depends on who you go through. I originally had Progressive with my EX500 and it was $26 a month for full coverage. Then I added the 636 and it jumped to 200 a month. I found that State Farm is really cheap insurance I only pay 39 a month for full coverage now. I'm 26, married, perfect driving record, so that might help me a little.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Rider Insurance doesn't give me any discounts for the MSF course...cocknockers

·
Registered
119 Posts
at 20 i put minimum insurance on my 95 ninja 600 for $175 a year, clean record except for 1 carpool lane ticket (step 12 in MA)
now im 21 and pay ~1100 for full coverage on my 03 zx6r (now i'm step 11)

·
Registered
344 Posts
The sad thing is motorcycle (and car) insurance is very expensive when you're young. I couldn't see paying for full coverage until I turned 25 and it became affordable.

For a comparison, I pay $235/year for full coverage on the 636 and $360/year for full coverage on a 2002 CBR-954. That's from State Farm, they also insure our cars and house. I'm 42 and have only made 1 major claim in the last 20 years (totalled a 2000 CBR929 at a track day).

Getting older has some benefits, it also beats the alternative.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Wow, they actually honored a claim when you totalled your bike on a track? Most insurance companies would tell you to pack sand.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I'm guessing he didn't tell them it happened on the track...;)

·
Registered
344 Posts
State Farm covers you on the track as long as you are not racing or practicing for a race (it states it very clearly in the policy). I told them exactly where I was and how it happened. They had no problem paying the claim.

Most companies cover you for track days. Over the last 5 years of doing track days, I've had a number of friends crash their bikes and never had problems on their claims. Read your policy.

·
Registered
171 Posts
DAm

I must be getting rapped open eyed. 23 with a clean record with premium 2700 for the year. payments are in 6 mounths payed in full but covered for the year.

Cheers!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey Troyasaki, I was quoted $91/ month through State Farm and when they called the dealership to let them know I was covered they told them it wasn't just a 600 is was the massive 636. So it jumped to $120/month. 36cc's and it friggin jumps $30/month. Its still better than paying $2700/yr. I'm 26 with a pretty piss poor driving record and its still no where near what your paying. Call around dude!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hi, I am an insurance agent with allstate insurance company the rates are (ok) here in New Mexico for allstate motorcycle policies but when I got my 026R I found that dairyland motorcycle insurance was the cheepest. The rate's are different depending on which state and area of the city you live in so like Tmecheng check around and try all the little independant agencys they often times have alot of different companys to choose from.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
01 zx6r 18 yrs old, 1 speeding ticket(19 over) dont ask... And i pay about 630$ for a year for just liability... I am going to take the msf so i dont have to take the driver's test but the insurance company im with(progressive) wont give me a break even if i do take the course.. Shittyyyy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.