Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in upstate NY and have been looking for a 250 for my wife. She is fixated on the 2008+ body style. They seem to average around 3K with 1000-4000 miles. I have narrowed it down to two bikes:
1)black 09 with 1,000miles, 100% stock in mint condition - $3100

2)09 special edition with 6K miles, exhaust, frame sliders, lowered, custom aftermarket pink farings (orignial special edition farings included also), aftermarket windscreen, icon jacket for $3200.

Wife wants the #2. Is this priced a little high? They were asking significantly more initally. The bike is a one of a kind and has been well taken care of. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
As I am sure you know, they are worth what you can get and someone else is willing to pay. That being said If the second is what she wants,it doesn't seem all that unreasonable, seeing as they really haven't had much competition and have held their value really well. When you consider the cost of the mods I would say go for it! I would definately be looking at it if it were closer to me. I don't want to put my other half on a new one because I know what is sure to happen. Good luck!:)

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
Price is not bad.

Can you get the original fairings with the pink bike?

Just remember the golden rule of marriage: if she's happy you're happy.

:)

Our local Craigslists ads want about that much for a 2008-2009 Ninja 250R

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess my main concern with option #2 is they have done the GSXR 750 exhaust conversion and HAVE NOT jetted the carbs. There does not seem to be any popping, but I am concerned they may have been running the engine lean the last few thousand miles. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
I guess my main concern with option #2 is they have done the GSXR 750 exhaust conversion and HAVE NOT jetted the carbs. There does not seem to be any popping, but I am concerned they may have been running the engine lean the last few thousand miles. Any thoughts?
Hmmmmm...........don't know enough about the 250R to know what a GSXR 750 exhaust conversion would do without re-jetting the carbs.

Maybe someone else will chime in.

;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts