Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was all hyped up couple of weeks ago about buying an Akra slip on but now something is holding me back. I dont know, maybe I should just leave it stock. Is it really worth the 400+ bucks to get this slip on? Does it lower or gain gas miles? Just want to hear some of you Akra slip on owners inputs. Now that you have it and messed with it, would you do it again or just forget it and leave the damn bike stock?

·
Registered
879 Posts
The Akra was one of the best mods I did. Awesome sound, good looks while retaining the factory lines. Add a PCIII to it and it will give you a whole new perspective on the bike.

My gas mileage actually increased after adding the Akra and PCIII with the proper map.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not want to install a PCIII. I've read that for the Akra is it fine to run the slip on without a PCIII. Is the sound much different from stock? From other threads people say that it is similar to the stock sound.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about the Akra vs yoshi vs Arata, which is louder?
I do not want the yoshi, I want the Akra but was wondering which is louder between them.
I do not plan on getting a PCIII, it should be fine with out one right?

·
Registered
117 Posts
not to change your mind, i wanted an akra when i first got my bike too. but there are so many other companys with undertails for our bikes, why does everyone love the akra so much?

ive seen them and heard them and there really nice, if it's what you want go for it.

whatever you do for an undertail, itll sound better than stock

·
Registered
320 Posts
Originally posted by S4one
I was all hyped up couple of weeks ago about buying an Akra slip on but now something is holding me back. I dont know, maybe I should just leave it stock. Is it really worth the 400+ bucks to get this slip on? Does it lower or gain gas miles? Just want to hear some of you Akra slip on owners inputs. Now that you have it and messed with it, would you do it again or just forget it and leave the damn bike stock?
What exactly do you want the slip on for? Do you want sound or looks?
If it were me...I would go the PCIII route with the stock exhaust. More than likely get one anyways, so you might as well try it first. For $280, the PCIII is a more "bang for the buck" mod. Then if you feel you need the slip on, go for it.

·
Registered
879 Posts
The Akaa definetly sounds A TON better than stock.... You do not need a PCIII, however, a PCIII will really wake the bike up in conjunction with a slip on. I added my Akaa then the PCIII a few months after. Either way, one or both, you will definetly be happy.

Once you ride with an aftermarkey pipe that sounds nice you will never use a stock pipe again. Even my MV Agusta F4-1000 sounded like crap compared to my ZX-6R with the Akra. I just spent a small fortune to go with an aftermarket titanium system on the MV.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just recently had the Akra slip-on put on and man it is awesome! I was looking for sound first then looks. This thing roars at 7000rpm and looks awesome under the tail!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Originally posted by The Kawi Game
not to change your mind, i wanted an akra when i first got my bike too. but there are so many other companys with undertails for our bikes, why does everyone love the akra so much?

ive seen them and heard them and there really nice, if it's what you want go for it.

whatever you do for an undertail, itll sound better than stock
I think one of the big reasons that everyone goes for the akra is that the factory teams use it on the kawis. It's also one of the few pipes that doesn't make your 6r look like its sporting a giant boner.

Right now I'm choosing between the akra and the muzzy because they seem to stick out the least of all the pipes, not to mention they're both quality brand names.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think one of the big reasons that everyone goes for the akra is that the factory teams use it on the kawis. It's also one of the few pipes that doesn't make your 6r look like its sporting a giant boner.

Right now I'm choosing between the akra and the muzzy because they seem to stick out the least of all the pipes, not to mention they're both quality brand names
i can respect that, i think it looks good and sounds better, i was just wondering why the first exhaust a newcommer wants is the akra.
i wanted it in the beginning because of the price and honestly i wasnt informed on other companys out there.

p.s. the muzzy looks killer, hope it sounds as good[:M86]

·
Registered
117 Posts
i think the muzzys looks funny in that polished, or aluminum whatever it is, but in titanium i think it's sexy with that black tip.

until someone posted thier pics of the muzzy on there se 636, i really hadnt seen any pics of them.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Go for the pipe you won't regret it and in most cases you might be like me and blow the money on something else that you would have wished you would have bought the exhaust. Major difference. My friend has the 636 without the pipe and he tells me he can't even hear his bike or me when I'm next to him trying to talk to him or just riding.

turtlewax - nice job bike looks great man !

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I pulled the trigger and bought the Akra slip on and the OnGuard beast lock. I only have about 800+ miles on my bike I will install the pipe when I hit 1k miles or over. Thanks for all the info.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I had my buddy do a "fly by" for me this weekend so I could hear what my Akra sounds like. (You can't get the full experience without knowing what a bystander hears) Well, when he come by at 120 pulling hard in whatever gear he was in (probly 4th) it was like an F1 race car blowing by. It was AWESOME!!! We were at the dealership I bought mine at shopping for another friend (he wants a new gsxr 1000), people INSIDE the building heard him coming and stepped outside just in time to see him go by. Get the pipe!!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
WEll, s4one... all i can say is..."what a purchase!!"... i have the slip on... my buddy head me coming from 2 blocks away... he said it sounded crisp... it is loud.. the best part is the back fire when you down shift... and it look stock... exactly what i was looking for!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.