Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
5,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I reached 9700 as I did my oil change.

I took a closer look at the oil. I had'nt changed it since 7100 miles. I usually do every 2000 miles. Everything looks great, have to say.

Should I be looking into changing the spark plugs soon??

Or what else?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
congrats,
spark plugs, coolant flush, air filter, brake fluid flush, check tire pressure, chain adjust/clean/wax, check pads wear, enjoy the ride :D

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
i would say yes change the plugs when u hit 10k and service the airfilter or replace with a k&n or bmc, also clean and lube the chain while u are at it

·
Banned
5,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got a new rear tire so i cleaned and waxed the chain.

The air filter was replaced with a BMC at 6000 miles and it still looks brand new.

Will do the cooling system flush, brake fluid flush and spark plugs though.

What spark plugs do you guys recommend?

·
Banned
5,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my main reason to post this cause i want to see what people say about what KIND of plugs I should put in...or just the stock ones again?

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
Most people say the stock plugs are best for our bikes. I changed mine at 8k miles

·
Registered
546 Posts
Should I be looking into changing the spark plugs soon??

Or what else?
Look to be changing some transmission parts eventually :crackup:

I'm rebuilding mine as we speak!

BTW, I've never changed spark plugs. . . Is the general concensus to replace them with stock plugs or what?

·
Registered
131 Posts
im pushing 50k miles on mine... nothing but oil changes.. tire changes, brake pad changes, and chain/sprocket changes here...

i changed my plugs, and air filter (went with k&n) at around 37 or 38k miles... (for the 1st time ever)

i went with cr9ek'S... only cause they made a difference when i went from cr9e'S to 9ek'S on my zx7r...

im not sure if it was cause of the cr9ek'S, or cause thats the 1st time changed my plugs in 38k miles.. or cause i put in the k&n with it... BUT THE BIKE FELT GOOD it!!!!! it pulled hard...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts