Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday i was riding around in the hot sun not a cloud in the sky then i felt sprinkles on my hands and knees so i was like wtf and pulled over and had a look at my front brakes and there was a splatter going outwards form the inner part of the brake disc i was wondering if this is normal and i havent felt this before because i usually ride with gloves and long pants

·
Registered
448 Posts
No that is not normal. When the brake reservoir cap is on the brakes are a closed system. There are o-rings inside the caliper to prevent the brake fluid from leaking out. I would check your brake lines but it sounds like you have a leak inside the caliper. Luckily if that's all it is they can be rebuilt with new software.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
It could also be from a leaking fork seal, with fork oil dripping down in a way that makes it look like a brake fluid leak.

I rode with someone a month ago that had liquid on their front brake line and gas tank that was fork oil carried up by the wind- they also thought it was brake fluid.

The newer bikes have covers in front of the fork tubes to block road debris, that make it more difficult to see if the fork seals are leaking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers every body for the input i had another look over my bike there was a litte bit of oil on one of the forks cant pin point a spot but

1 - 6 of 6 Posts