Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I have 2016 versys 650 which showed abs error saying valve not closing or jammed valve by June 2021 which will work gud for sometime and vice-versa and so I replaced the abs module and it was fine till yesterday and it happened again today what could be the cause and what I should do now

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi! Any update on this? My 2011 650 seems to have a jammed abs valve according to my mechanic, "for not enough brake fluid maintenance"... the part costs around 1.000€ or trying to fix it around 400€, but it is the first time I hear of these problem, my mechanic says it is quite common...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes
it is sorted out,
both time the problem started after hard riding with continuous brakes which leads to over heating up brake fluid (and caused brake fadding.)So the brake fluid viscosity is reduced and leaked to the electronics chamber
and it came know that problem was oil seal inside abs brake module, it's allowed oil from hydraulic valve chamber to electronics chamber then the motor and chips got fried/ not working effectively.

But the bitter thing is Kawasaki ASC people couldn't find what was the problem, And it was sorted out by a local mechanic who deals mainly on electronics issues.

It was replaced ktm 390 abs motor and electronics with Kawasaki software loaded in it.

Which costed me INR 5000

So my suggestion is check with local abs service centre ( Deals all abs issue).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts