Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my (2004) bike is heating way faster than it should, and that in a pretty cold temperature. is it normal for these bikes to heat much faster when its cold outside?

i was riding at 30 mph in 6th and it registered 200 degrees...and when i stop and keep the engine on it goes from 104 to 120 in like 30 seconds...

what could cause accelerated heating or overheating in these bikes all of a sudden?? especailly, its getting hotter faster and the weather has never been so cold...im confused...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Try checking your rad cap, see if it's still good. Does your rad fan kick in when it's really hot? It should when the engine temp reaches a certain degree. Usually in cool weather, my fan doesn't come on at all. You might not have enough fluid in it either. Check levels to see if you have the correct amount in there.

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Sounds like it's fine to me.

On a COLD day, my engine will run about 160 at 80mph and when I stop it'll go up to about 200-208 immidietly, and sometimes get warmer.

The other day though, it was 100 out and it was running at 200 degrees at 80mph, so it seems fine to me.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Originally posted by urymoto

my (2004) bike is heating way faster than it should, and that in a pretty cold temperature. is it normal for these bikes to heat much faster when its cold outside?

i was riding at 30 mph in 6th and it registered 200 degrees...and when i stop and keep the engine on it goes from 104 to 120 in like 30 seconds...

what could cause accelerated heating or overheating in these bikes all of a sudden?? especailly, its getting hotter faster and the weather has never been so cold...im confused...
Dude, I'm hoping that's NOT 200 degrees Celcius...!!!!???

The variation seems normal to me...my bike varies from about 85 Celcius to 100 Celcius in a few seconds on a "normal" (if that exists in Montreal) summer's day....it gets even more drastic in the fall when the temperature gets colder...it may easily range from 100-65 Celcius if I'm stuck in traffic then head onto the highway...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.