during which fuel is added
C) The sensitivity of throttle movement
under which the accelerator
pump is activated

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i read that, but in simple terms, what does it do for ya. i thought the power commander already did these functions. thanks

·
Registered
755 Posts
Those features are to help develop a custom map for your pipe if there isn't map developed for your pipe / racing system.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Don't quote me but from what I understand an accelerator pump was something people used on carburetored bikes. My current bikes are FI, so I don't know much about this. What I have been told though is that an accelerator pump was used because carburetors have a problem that when you first whack the throttle there is a slight delay before more gas is actually getting into the engine, so this feature puts a little extra gas through the FI when you make a throttle change. Your bike should still be tuned to your exhaust, but this accelerator pump may help when you whack the throttle. I've downloaded it also, but haven't tested it. I'll be at the track on Saturday and I'll let you know if I feel any difference.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
hey X1 - you doing Barber over Father's Day weekend with Monte's & Co? I'm clearing out my schedule for it and you should too!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Strongbad,

HELL YAH I'll do Barber. I haven't seen the new schedule for 2004, yet. Monte mentioned new tracks, but I didn't realize Barber was one of them.
Well, I enabled the Accelerator Pump feature, and set it up to Power Commanders "Racer Settings". I could tell a difference. It made it seem like I went from a 1/4 turn to a 1/5 turn throttle. There is a definite boost when you first crack the throttle. It doesn't give any more power or anything, but when you have the RPM's up and whack the throttle there is a difference. I think the sensitivity was a little high for me on the racer setting, but everything else was fine. I'm done with the track for this year, so I'll continue to play with the settings next year/season.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I've always dug those 1/5 turn throttles! I'm gonna have to try and convince Paul Thyme to get his ass down to Barber too. Wife just divided - er had a kid so he's not been too keen on riding. I WILL make him go though!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.