·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw this on the evening news

1 dead as car hits bike, sets off chain reaction

08:29 AM CDT on Monday, September 18, 2006

By JASON TRAHAN / The Dallas Morning News

Police were looking for a black Mercedes convertible that investigators believe clipped a motorcycle on LBJ Freeway near the High Five interchange early Sunday, setting off a chain reaction that ended in the death of a woman.

Tasha Lumpkin, 23, of Dallas, died at Baylor University Medical Center. Police said that the 24-year-old man she was riding with was in critical condition at Baylor.

When the car hit their bike, it in turn struck a motorcycle driven by a 41-year-old man who was in critical condition at Parkland Memorial Hospital.

Police said the driver of the Mercedes was antagonizing the motorcyclists by speeding up and driving erratically before the collision.

The driver faces charges of failure to stop and render aid. Anyone with information can call the police department's vehicle crimes squad at 214-670-5817.

found at dallasnews.com

the car was wanting to race, but the bikes didnt want to race, so the car got pissed off and swerved, hitting the 1st bike and forcing a collision with the second bike. i believe that the girl died, leaving behind her young children. all this because they DIDNT want to race. what bullshit. this really pisses me off. i could have just as easily been me or one of my friends. i really feel bad for her children though, they will grow up with out ever knowing their mother. all because some (explicit language) guy got upset because they would not race. again what bullshit. my condolences to the family and friends of Tasha (girl killed i accident) and may preyers be with her children.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
That's scarry. I'm going to the Blue Goose tomorrow night, which means riding through downtown Dallas. I really try not to ride in the "big" cities that much at night. Too many a$$holes are out and about...

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
We got that once in Key Largo... group riding, mostly two-up, some with their kids... some asshat in a POS mustang wanted to play. When we wouldn't he started gunning it & swerving into our lane & back. Real moron. He finally turned off into a parking lot, but it was plenty scary. Made me consider carrying a pistol when I ride...

·
Registered
153 Posts
I heard this on the news yesterday. They also said that they "expected to make an arrest soon." I don't know if that was BS to convince the person to turn himself in, but that's what they said.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I am sorry to here about that....here was my order of progression.

Step 1) Motorycle license
Step 2) gun license
Step 3) bought .40 cal S$W
step 4) bought Cruiser
Step 5) bought .45 XD
Step 6) bought ZX-6R
Step 7) carry 1 extra mag

It's a crazy word we live in, assholes do things that not only ruins there lives but GREATLY ruins the lives of others. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a cop in that mercedes trying to entice the riders to race...only to set them up for a ticket. IMO.

Still, that's a very tragic ending for doing the right thing.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Originally posted by Mr Crunk
I am sorry to here about that....here was my order of progression.

Step 1) Motorycle license
Step 2) gun license
Step 3) bought .40 cal S$W
step 4) bought Cruiser
Step 5) bought .45 XD
Step 6) bought ZX-6R
Step 7) carry 1 extra mag

It's a crazy word we live in, assholes do things that not only ruins there lives but GREATLY ruins the lives of others. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a cop in that mercedes trying to entice the riders to race...only to set them up for a ticket. IMO.

Still, that's a very tragic ending for doing the right thing.
Oh man, I sure hope you don't have cops like that in your city.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Originally posted by Mr Crunk
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a cop in that mercedes trying to entice the riders to race...only to set them up for a ticket. IMO.
That's one of the dumbest things I've read in a long time. Really, I mean it. I don't think anyone can write anything any dumber than what you just wrote.

I usually just let the haters speak their minds, but I'm curious. What do you have to base this on? Or did you just let your fingers do the typing and didn't want your brain to get involved?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Originally posted by jp636

That's one of the dumbest things I've read in a long time. Really, I mean it. I don't think anyone can write anything any dumber than what you just wrote.

I usually just let the haters speak their minds, but I'm curious. What do you have to base this on? Or did you just let your fingers do the typing and didn't want your brain to get involved?
I didn't mean to upset you...my brother has a Civic, it's tuned up and what not like most guy's do. One night about 3 years ago, we are sitting at a light and a corvette pulls beside him and begins to rev the engine...my brother being the hothead he is..revs he engine too... they both take off...the 'vette slows in the intersection and turns on the "lights". Undercover cop...We were in utter disbelief over this. Beside, I don't hate cops...but I put nothing passed them as well. I have family who are cops and some of the undercover work they do...shocks me. "Entrapment" is not illegal I guess, could have sworn it was.

I don't want to thread jack, nor take away attention from what happen. Truly a sad event what happened to the woman.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Entrapment is illegal, officers can't entice a crime to be committed. Assuming the intersection you speak of was the one you were waiting at the light, what did he/she get you for? Jack Rabbit acceleration? You couldn't have broken the speed limit part way though the intersection. I would have taken the ticket to court for that cuse that's stupid BS.

·
Registered
156 Posts
No, the intersection is pretty large and it was off in a suburb(Collierville, TN). The intersection is about 100-125ft from one crosswalk to the opposite one. My brother made it just passed the other crosswalk at ~45mph when the cop pulled behind him in the intersection. The speed limit on that street was 35mph at the time. He didn't get a ticket for speeding, the cop let that go. He did get one for illegal tint(too dark). In my eyes, that was a setup...he knew he could not get him for speeding but the illegal tint was a no brainer. Both windows were rolled down, he only knew of the tint when he got behind him I guess.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.