Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an accident today,decided to take a nice ride to see what everyone else was doing.I was riding downthe street wiht no other car or vehicles arounddoing between 40-45mph when I see this minivan pull out from the stop sign,when I see this slow down(not to stop but to go slower),Now the way the street is you can cross one lane of traffic and stop in the middle of the street and not block traffic in either direction,now I see this lady(young)look in my direction(as shelook I THINK OK she see me)So I proceed on only for her to keep going,at that time I slam on both brakes but to no avail hitting the van between the rear tire and the bumper.When I hit the minivan somehow my head hit the van(I did have my helmet on)and I fell to the ground on my left side.I at first layed there in disbelief then I jumped up looked at the bike took my helmet and gloves off and threw my helmet on the ground because of what I've seen.All in all I'm OK my letf arm is a little sore,but my bikes front is all smashed up,along with the fairings(SP)front,left and right sides,mirrors,headlight,front flushmonts,right handle bar both grips and a host of other stuff I dont feel like posting (it hurts tooooooo much to keep talking about).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Man, its always sad to see a member and his/her ninja go down. Does your insurance cover up for this. well its good news that your okay the bike can always be replaced.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll contact my insurance company tomorrow at the tme of the accident(approx. 6:45pm)they were closed (state farm) and I couldn't leave a message.I'll do everything inthe morning.And yes I'm luckey not to be seriously hurt:D.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. It's never good to hear about someone going down but glad to see you're ok. Hopefully insurance takes care of you.

·
Registered
159 Posts
dude that sucks rest your body lay in bed relax your body even if u feel ok .a warm bath helps to to relax the mussles.

glad your ok .

WHEN you ride never trust anyone but yourself ...dam drivers hey people when your in a car i wanna say to all use your turn signals so others can see where u are going ..

hope everything works out wioth the bike:)

·
Registered
355 Posts
damn... sorry to hear about that... hope the body heals fast.. Bikes no matter how nice can be replaced.. a body sometimes can't. Glad to hear that you had gear on.. I wouldn't want to hear what could have happened if your head met straight with the van instead of the helemt..

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
did the lady have insurance too? i hope she stoped to help.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
how is your neck and back? go see a chiropractor regardless, because it might come back to hurt you later on in life. I had an accident a while ago (not on my ninja), and didn't even realize how messed up my back was.

glad to hear you're ok tho.

·
Premium Member
11,912 Posts
That really sucks, the main thing is that you were able to walk away. Hope you recover from your injuries quick. I think that it is a universal reaction of all riders to see the condition of their bike immediately without regards to oneself. I know that was the first thing I did when I went down. Don't worry about the bike, take care of yourself, you might end-up with a new 2003 from this, it is clearly her fault.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To all the ppl that asked yes the girl did have insurence,she had MAIF for all of you that are familiar.I start going to the theripist(sp)on monday.I will get a police report in about 5 days,the police said that no matter what I did she was in the wrong.The driver cut into my path from a side street as I was riding down a main street.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Just another example that proves that cagers DO NOT pay attention like those of us who ride. I seem to find myself slowing down at most intersections when I see cars approaching from the sides, because most of the time they never look, and even when they do, it seems they never see us, no matter where we are riding (lane positioning).
Good luck man, hope everything works out for ya.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does anyone know how long it takes for the insurence company to make a claim on bikes.When I talked to state farm on friday they said the the claims adjuster is going to look at the bike and they will get back to me.I just want to know so have an idea of how long it'll take to have everything takin care of.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Originally posted by NINJAMAN6R

To all the ppl that asked yes the girl did have insurence,she had MAIF for all of you that are familiar.I start going to the theripist(sp)on monday.I will get a police report in about 5 days,the police said that no matter what I did she was in the wrong.The driver cut into my path from a side street as I was riding down a main street.
I am still waiting from JUN 19
sorry to say that

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.