Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother got in an accident today. Apparently some old people in a car up ahead of him stopped short and he smacked into the back of them at about 35mph. Hes fine; only a bloodied lip. His bike isn't that bad either, except that the forks are bent and the front fender's gone. The gauges are also broken. The front tire didn't hit into the radiator, and the frame has no cracks or bends. The insurance company took it to the tow yard, and it's probably going to be written off. Now my question is, can he buy it back from them? Should he? Can the forks be straightened and then maybe use the bike as a stunt bike? Or sell it on Ebay? How does he go about buying the bike back?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
dont know about straightening the forks. he can probaly get some forks cheap off eaby.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had a similar accident. Well, actually I passed a string of cars when I shouldn't have and ditched my bike on its right side to avoid oncoming traffic. Totaled. Bought the bike back from the insurance company (deductible amount) and spent too much money fixing it up. But, I felt the "Hebegebes" riding at high speed. So decided to sell. Hard to sell due to salvage title & my honesty I suppose, right?! Lost big bucks. But, your brother could eBay the parts to make a down payment or recoup his losses. Dude, everyone needs a project to work on... Glad he is okay.

·
Registered
232 Posts
you can buy it back they sould offer the option they did it to me after mine got stolen and recovered they say 500 but i just offer 450 and they took it now i got 2 bikes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.