Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kinda of a strange request. I have the 00-02 ZX6 service manual that someone kindly posted. I am finding subtle differences in the manual and my '07 ZZR600. Mainly when it comes to suspension adjustments. They are talking clicks, (dampening) and my bike does not click when I adjust say the dampening on front forks. the 02 manual talks about a range say 0-12 clicks, and I only get 3.25 turns. Hard to even re-calculate what would be the conversion. So that got me thinking, maybe I should reading the actual ZZR service manual. Does anyone have on and are you willing to post, the suspension chapter?

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
I did some poking around on google and found what you are looking for. The front shocks are not the same as the zx6 and adjustments are done in turn outs not clicks (like my rear shock). I would suggest getting a hold of the actual zzr600 manual for proper adjustments. Here is the stock setup I found posted in another forum...

Front Preload: 14mm from top of adjuster to top of nut
Front Rebound Damping: 1/2 turns out
Front Comp. Damping: 2 turns out
Rear Preload: Stock
Rear Rebound Damping: 2 1/2 turns out
Rear Comp. Damping: 2 1/2 turns out

Do you have the owner's manual (not service manual)? The poster suggested that is where the information came from.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts