Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey can somebody please send me a link or something to give me directions to tighten my throttle and clutch cables??? thanks

·
Registered
563 Posts
There are two points to adjust your clutch cable. The first is on the left clip-on. You can turn the silver screw out to take play out of how far out your lever will engage. If you get to the point, over time, where all the way out on that screw will not engage the clutch (the cable has stretched) then you will need to adjust it on the clutch case (by your right foot. There are two locking nuts that need to be adjusted to take out the slack in your cable.

To take play out of your throttle you will need to adjust both the cables (forward and return). These can both be dialed in by turning the two black screws on cables a couple inches up the cable from the throttle tube.

Be certain that the return cable is tight enough that it will not bind and fail to close an open throttle and do not adjust the pull cable so far out that the engine revs even with the throttle closed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.