Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure how to do it, but I do know I think you're in good shape. The 2000 models are fairly easy to adjust the ride height.

02 ZX6R (Yellow)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Originally posted by Marin The 2000 models are fairly easy to adjust the ride height.
Upwards yes, downwards no [B)]

Red 2002 ZX-6R 636

It's not the speed that kills, it's the sudden stop...

·
Registered
259 Posts
i want to know how to lower it a little, my feet don't touch the ground flat. i already got lower profile tires 120/60 in the front and 190/50 in the back. it's for a 2000 zx6r.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Basically - you can't get much out of it. There is a 10mm spacer on top of the shock that you can remove (I removed mine) that gave me about 5 - 6mm at the seat. That's about it really without screwing with the suspension and then you will affect handling.

I learnt to live with not being able to reach the ground properly.

Red 2002 ZX-6R 636

It's not the speed that kills, it's the sudden stop...

·
Registered
90 Posts
I don't think you will be able to lower it much, if at all. It comes out of the factory set at the lowest setting. The reason I'm wanting to do it is that it increases the cornering and braking ability of the J1 substantially from what I've read in an article.

Basically is brings more weight over the front and makes the bike more stable through corners.

Also, for those that have done it, I would say you would need to stiffen the front as well to compensate? Correct?

Andy

·
Registered
90 Posts
I still don't have my manual for my J1 2000 model ZX6R (still a week or so away).

I'm interested in increasing the rear ride height. Are there any websites out there on how to do it? I've searched briefly but have found nothing.

Also is it really worth doing? The article in the mag said raising it up makes cornering and braking equivalent to the 2000 model R6 (or very close to it) without turning it into a tank slapper. I'm a big fan of nice stable braking so I'm keen to test out the different heights!

Andy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.