Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you adjust the shock when you are going to add a passenger? Is it the top one that let the shock up so the bike will sit up higher or is it the one that is on the shock side that will make it harder or softer? and if it is that one is it the little screw inside of it or the outside 6 side thing? What tool would i use for it??? Hopefully i can get some help......

2000 MEAN GREEN ZX6R

·
Registered
88 Posts
Adjusting those little shock screws will not raise the bike at all. ALL they do is make the shock stiffer/softer. All the shock does is absorb bumps. If you want to carry more wieght you have to turn the 2 rings on top of the spring. Clockwise will compress the spring, giving a higher spring rate and higher load capacity. Also a stiffer ride if you where to go back to a single passenger.

I actually softened mine 1 turn. Factory 6R, Ive been told has a pretty stiff spring setting to start with. But then again it depends on "how much" passenger! LOL.

Id say, if it doesnt seem to handle right or front end comes up to high when a passenger gets on, to tighten the spring pre-load 1 turn clockwise. You have to loosen the top lock ring and then tighten the bottom ring, and then re-tighten the top lock ring back onto the lower ring.

98 6R. TBR slip-on. No poser add-ons.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I tightend my compresion and rebound the first time I took a passenger. I liked it so much I adjusted the front the same. Bike turns in a lot quicker now. I havn't messed with the pre-load yet, soon though. I weigh 180 and put a 125 girl on the bike and it feels just fine. The suspension anyways, she still needs to learn how to ride bitch.

BTW 2 clicks stiffer all the way around, you can always put it right back if you don't like it.

Oh yea, you need a allen wrench. There should be one in your tool kit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.