Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Team ProMotion ( www.teampromotion.com ) will be at Shannonville May 5th and 6th I believe... They will also be at Trembant May 1st and 2nd, and Shannonville again one more time later in the year, and Mosport at some point, as well... I am sure there are plenty of other organizations that run events at these tracks as well, I am just personally familiar with TPM...

·
Registered
85 Posts
yes... my avatar pic is from FAST.

I recommend taking the phase I and II (not back to back days), and using their bike. you're there to learn, and push your limits. better to do this when you're not worrying about destroying your bike in a crash. The schedule for the season usually goes up in January, and fills up fast, as you can see.

I crashed on phase II, paid my deductable (around $400), got another bike, and continued on. If it was MY bike I would've been done for the day, wondering how to get it back home (if I rode it there), and I highly doubt my insurance would cover a crash on a racetrack.

JMO

·
Registered
474 Posts
I took ART Basic with Team Promotion last April... I had a dedicated track bike so I wasnt worried about crashing or how it was making the trip home. If you lpan on doing the track often, you can get a "track" bike pretty cheap.. I picked up my 96 zx6r for $1100.... With rentals costing $250 a day, it was a no brainer for me...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.