Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for a while i was looking for stands. i was going to go with T-rex, as ive seen them recommended many times because theyre affordable and work. ive also seen a lot of comments at how they flex a lot and i decided against that. did some more research and found GPI Industries, who make one-piece stands. a little more expensive than T-rex, but i think it was worth it. they hold the bike stable and even when i try to move it the stands hold firmly and theres not even much of a wiggle from the bike. they also come with 2 sets of hardware for the rear stand so you can use spools or the special adapters that hold underneath the swingarm.

but enough of that...heres some pics!

just thought id pass this along to anyone looking for some nice, affordable stands!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
the best stands, hands down, are pitbull. not sure what everyone's budgetary constraints are, but they're well worth the extra $$. if you get the new-style front stand, you can remove everything up to the steering head up front. the 07-08 zx6r takes the #2 pin and (i believe) 10mm spools. take a look...

s3aturnr

·
Powerhungry
38,474 Posts
i dont see the pitbull being ANY better than the spec stands i use.

NO way theyd be worth the extra money.

the stand in the OP, looks ok, i guess.

not mine, but the same model.
id say as strong, or stronger than the pitbull. atleast its braced...

http://boise.craigslist.org/mcy/827899893.html

Attachments

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
while i agree that stands like the Pitbulls are probably worth the money, i didnt want to spend 300+ on a set of stands. i have more important things to buy, like new gear! LOL anyways...i wanted to show that there are good alternatives to things like the T-Rex and other budget stands. i paid 130 for these (they are "blemished"...basically a couple scratches but nothing significant). theyre solid and stable. an excellent value IMO. so i want people to know about them in case they also dont want to spend the money for Pitbulls. these also come with a lifetime warranty...pretty impressive for the small amount they cost.

i hadnt really heard much about this company, but im happy with my purchase so i thought id spread the word and help a few others out.

as for the scratch on my fender, it happened back when i first got the bike. i was in my 'hood getting used to the bike and tried to make a pretty tight U-turn and hit some sand and washed out. theres also a scuff on my left hand mirror and left bar end, but no other damage. it was a stupid drop but it was minor. i have since completed many sucessful u-turns since then.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
obviously, i can't speak for all stands. but, i had a no-name rear stand before i got my pit-bulls and it was terrible. it was non-spooled and its design allowed the swingarm to slide all over. i never really trusted it. the pit-bulls have been rock solid, no worries...

s3aturnr

·
Registered
493 Posts
I had a cheap rear stand from Korky's and it worked ok but it was the swingarm style and slid around all the time so it never gave me that no worries feeling so I sold it and bought a pitbull stand and loved it. They use something like 1.5" tubing so there is no need for a brace like some of the lesser expensive stands need due to using smaller diameter tubing. I sold the pitbull after selling my GSXR and now that I've got my ZX-6R I wish I would have kept it so it's back to looking. I would like to get a front and rear stand but can't see spending full price on the pitbull stands, if you can find a used set in good shape you'll save close to $100 but then your still spending $200 for a set because the tend to really hold their value. I've been looking at the T-Rex stands but don't like the fact that they bolt together, I want a one piece set. Power Stands are very similar to the pitbull stands but I believe they are cheaper.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,933 Posts
Stands are probably the one motorcycling thing where you DON'T get your money's worth. All it has to do is lift the bike and hold it. I bought a re-badged cheapo Micron rear stand and I kept my 636 up on it for weeks without any issues, and I'd regularly sit on the bike with it on the stands, not a budge, and they were half the cost of the PitBull stuff.

The PitBull front triple stand might be worth it (except that it's godaweful expensive since it's really the only one out there with that design), but the rear stand -- no way. It's too expensive for the simple job it and almost every other stand out there performs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have been using T-rex front and rear stands for two years. It kept my bike up for couple months during winter without a problem. Some people even sat on my bike while it was on the rear stand and no flex.

·
Registered
493 Posts
After I posted on this subject last night I went on google and found another brand of stands that have surfaced recently called Pit Posse motorcycle stands. I did a search on Ebay and found a few on there, they look similar to the PitBull stands and Vortex stands but a ton cheaper. I won the front stand last night for $49.95 plus $5.95 for shipping. I am going to get the rear stand in the next couple of days and pay for them both at the same time so they can combine the shipping costs. below are a couple pics of the Pit Posse stands.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Has anyone tried the Steel Horse stands? Webbikeworld.com highly recomends them.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/sh/stand.htm

I have a steel horse rear stand I bought based on that review and a few others. I will definitely be going back for a front stand.

Its got pretty much all the positives others mentioned... its one piece, can put different receivers on top, braces arms, looped handle. Good stuff.

Truth told though, I've never used anything else(first bike). So I can't provide much in the way of comparison.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts