Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sealed the envelope on my 2007 renewal. I'll be at BW in March, and if I can hook up with a couple of other local AZ racers, two Infineon rounds - not yet sure which two.

While I may not be competitive this year again, I had so much fun with AFM last year, I'm returning.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Hah, I sent in my renewal yesterday also. Hoping to make the first Bwillow race and all the Infineon and Thill events. It helps to live 40 mintues from Sears Point.

·
Registered
312 Posts
WOOT, well I just picked up my new track-race bike. Hoping to do track days all spring and my license half way into the race season if not by 08.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I was going to race WERA this year along with WSMC but maybe I'll join AFM and race those Buttonwillow races. I have never been to Button willow. But if I can get a trackday or two in to get up to speed that would be nice. How is that track and whats better Bwillow or Thunderhill?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Originally posted by heith
I was going to race WERA this year along with WSMC but maybe I'll join AFM and race those Buttonwillow races. I have never been to Button willow. But if I can get a trackday or two in to get up to speed that would be nice. How is that track and whats better Bwillow or Thunderhill?
I've been on both a few times and I really like Thunderhill. Thunderhill is just so damn fast its ridiculously fun. Buttonwillow is fun also, but I would vote that Thunderhill is better. T-Hill will EAT your tires though, cuz its so high speed, and it will also eat your knee sliders if you don't pick up your knees. Buttonwillow does have some really awesome sections though, I really like turn 4 through Riverside in the normal direction, actually, I like everything except turn 2 and entering 3A (really harsh bumps on turn in). B-willow backwards is really fun also, some sections flow better backwards, but other sections suck, mainly just turn 2 again, its decreasing radius on the brakes so its just a chore. If you haven't been to either I would say go to B-willow first, just cuz its like an 8hr drive from Corona to T-hill.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yah, I don't think I'll ever get to t-hill. Seeing Miller is just as far for me and that is a priority this year.I'm kind of spoiled here with Cal Speedway 15min away, Pahrump 3hours, and both Willow tracks 1.5 hours. But I really want to get to Miller. I just bought a new toy hauler so I can get alot of races and track days in this year. I'm getting old(31 next month)so I'm going to spend alot of money this year so I can be competitive by the end of the year or by the beginning of 08.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
31 ain't old.

I didn't like THill so much because of the crazy speed, and T3, a medium-long way-off-camber right. I *did* like the elevation change in T5 and T9, but hated braking into 14 and looking at tirewalls; I never got comfortable on the track. It might be different if it were way closer to me - I drove like 18 hours to get there.

I loved Button. T2 didn't bother me, the bumps into 3A were OK for me, too. I loved turn 4 to Lost Hills, and those esses were a blast since they're not esses like I'm used to. I'm looking forward to going back.

·
Registered
554 Posts
It's sure starting to feel old. I don't think the speed will bother me. I don't know of any track as fast is Willows big track.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Though the big track is fasttttt, it is really not nearly as demanding as Thunderhill or Sears Point, both of which have highly technical corners and a lot of variety. Sears is probably one of the toughest tracks in the US. I have been riding it close to twenty years and still find it challenging and constantly changing.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yah, Big Willow is probly the least demanding track between Cal Speedway, The Streets, or Pahrump. All those tracks are way more technical. But it takes a big set to enter turn 8 at WSIR at a competitive speed.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I *did* like Big Willow. And I could NOT force myself to go into T8 in fifth (stock gearing on a 10R).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.