Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, I bought a 2006 Ninja 250R back in March for my girlfriend who worked really hard at getting her MSF done, buying gear and trying to find a good starter bike. It was blue and perfect for her, her gear matched it and she was so happy. In the place we were living at the time, we could only park our bikes out front with nothing to chain or lock them to and no garage or storage. It was a nice, gated neighborhood, far from where you'd expect some crime, but one morning in June I went to gear up to go to work and saw that her bike had been stolen.

Less than 600 miles on the clock and absolutely pristine, and some jackass(es) stole it, leaving my 05 ZX6R right next to it. The only reason I can imagine mine wasn't taken is that something scared them off, because they pulled my cover back to expose the bike and it definitely looks more desirable/valuable than a 250. Or maybe they saw the side fairings off as well as the stator cover and figured it too much of a hassle to move or sell. In any case, we called the police, did the reports and the usual, but after 2 months we had long since given up. I didn't think there was much of a market for 250 parts, at least not to the extent that a chop shop would benefit from it, but that's exactly where it was recovered from. The Orange County Sheriffs Office busted 2 shops this weekend over on Forsyth and on Old Cheney and recovered my 250 and a bunch of other bikes and cars.

I got the call yesterday and about fell out of my chair. I picked it up today, and it's not in terrible shape, but it's certianly not so virginal anymore. It was covered in a thick layer of dust like it had been stored in a warehouse for some time. The ignition was pried open, the gas cap and top of the tank was bashed in and pried open, broke off one of the front turn signals, lots of scratches on almost every panel and one exaust pipe, they removed the battery and the toolkit(why?) but everything else seems to be ok. I'm so glad that this month I can send in the payment and actually have something to show for it!

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
that's awesome man.....i need to get me a 250 for my girl....oh wait, my girl is gone...oh well, still got the 636 to spoil:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.