Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 2011 650r FULL Wiring Diagram. I have the Kawasaki Ninja 650R Service Manual.pdf from the net but the text on the wire diagrams is not clear. low res.

Any one got a high res version or a colored version? Thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
OK.
First picture leave the wires cut but pop some insulation around them so they don't Earth out accidentally.
Second picture, That is a multi point Earth connector (Often they do the same for Positive wires on the same circuit) Leave as is.
Third picture, That is another multi Earth connector just thicker gauge wires encapsulated, Leave as is.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I know in Australia If it’s a LAMS bike(restricted model) the cut wires on the diagnostic connector are actually how they tell the ECU to impose a lower rev limit. They’re usually a loop. To cut the loop you’re de-restricting the bike.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That's why I told him to leave them cut.
I believe its also a requirement in Germany.
In the UK We leave it with the oem cap on when restricting A2 Bikes, I have a draw full of caps with the wires linked 😀

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know in Australia If it’s a LAMS bike(restricted model) the cut wires on the diagnostic connector are actually how they tell the ECU to impose a lower rev limit. They’re usually a loop. To cut the loop you’re de-restricting the bike.
I'm from New Zealand. :) and the engine is not going back in a bike but a offroader. :) To replace the old vrf400 that last owner killed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's why I told him to leave them cut.
I believe its also a requirement in Germany.
In the UK We leave it with the oem cap on when restricting A2 Bikes, I have a draw full of caps with the wires linked 😀
Wish I had a draw full of linked ones. :( guess I need to solder it together to unlock the full power of this beast.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts