Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any body out there run an aftermarket gauge cluster? Im looking at one from koso and it seems pretty trick and fairly inexpensive it has a progamable shift light top speed recorder ext.Just looking for feed back

·
Registered
132 Posts
hey let me know how easy or hard it is to install all im running is an indigo gauge. The koso gauges do look sweet

·
Registered
411 Posts
I just installed a acewell gauge:) Just one word: SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!

And very easy to install!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Even without the manual its not that complicated. On my 7n I cut the two clusters going to the original gauge. Found out witch cable gave power. Then just hooked up one and one wire looking for the right light to turn on. The acewell needs constant power though so I ran a wire from the battery to the clock power cable..

Good luck

·
Registered
65 Posts
im doing the koso rx1n for my 7r right now, i will get some pics up for you if you want
Please, i've been thinkin about changing out the disply for some time now, i kinda want a shift light since when i'm riding that hard i don't take my attention off the road ahead, have nailed 12 and 13 grand several times before the motor cuts out, and i doubt she appreciates it

·
Registered
622 Posts
I have the KOSO RX2N on my bike, I love it and it was easy to install. I'd recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
65 Posts
SWEET! i just went to Koso's web site, looks exactly like what i'm after, the instalation instructions talked about connecting a magnetic devive to the brake rotor, and a temp sensor "accesorry" so is that how you installed them aswell? you couldn't use the factory signalling equipment for the speedo, tach, and temp gauges?

·
Registered
512 Posts
thats pretty much what you have to do on the 7r, use the magnet for the speedo and uses their fittings for the temp

·
Registered
622 Posts
I tapped the line for the tach, for the speedo I use the magnets and it works fine, more accurate than the factory gauge!! For the water temp, I used the adapter they sell and put inline with the radiator hose. Mine has an oil temp gauge available so I tapped the sensor into the oil pan and now I know my oil temp (I hate having anything unused on my cluster) Took me about 2 hrs to hook everything up and that's just because I had to pull the oil pan to tap it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I tapped the line for the tach, for the speedo I use the magnets and it works fine, more accurate than the factory gauge!! For the water temp, I used the adapter they sell and put inline with the radiator hose. Mine has an oil temp gauge available so I tapped the sensor into the oil pan and now I know my oil temp (I hate having anything unused on my cluster) Took me about 2 hrs to hook everything up and that's just because I had to pull the oil pan to tap it.
Can you post a pic of your new gauges for us? Love to see them installed!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
newb here so be patient. So it IS possible to hook up digital guages to old the old school zx9r, 2001? That Koso stuff looks pretty sweet and i'm sure anything would be more accurate than stock gauges?! Just looking for input guys.
thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
i forgot about this thread.... anyone have pictures of their aftermarket gauge clusters installed yet?
I've asked two guys here who say they have the Koso's installed and working on their bikes for a pic. Both have said sure I'll post one soon. Weeks later,no pics. What gives?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I really want to get the Koso for my 05 ZX6R, the gauges on those are its only weak point. Where did you guys order them from?

Oh and pics please :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts