Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a pair of LHP flush mounts for the front of my bike and took the light bulb out and replaced it with a LED light. My question is since im talking out the Bulb which has a ground to it im i going to run into any problems hooking my ground to ground and my positive to the positive on the LED hook up?

·
Registered
934 Posts
Just to clarify... you're using the LP flushmounts and simply replacing just the bulb with an automotive LED type bulb (just a bulb - no wiring) found at say Parts Source or Canadian Tire? ...If so, then no, you shouldn't have any problems as they're designed for direct replacement.

What series LP flushmounts do you have?
What's the bulb designation (part numbers) or specs you're replacing the originals with?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am taking out the existing bulb and using a LED for the light source but im keeping the lense. Does that mean im going to loose that groung?

LED exchange for the bulb

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
LED's are polarized, if that's what you're asking. The + must be connected to the + and the - to the -, or it will not work. If it fits the socket, then it will work just fine. If it's a twist in bulb with a metal base, then you can't plug it in backwards as the case is always the ground, but you could've reversed the polarity when cutting in the new indicator. Plug it in and find out. If it doesn't light up in a second, kill the power and try the other way.

·
Registered
934 Posts
I'm with Gary on this one...

It's hard to give advise when all specifics are left out, a bulb for an LED isn't saying much... which is why I was asking for more info.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry about that,

What i am doing is using a LED instead of the twist bulb. I know the twist bulb uses the metal base as the ground but i guess the LED dosent need the metal base no more for the ground as the twist bulb does..

Cheers and have a Merry Christmas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.