Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after i put my 06 zzr down, i'm tryin to keep the insurance out of it and fix it myself. It starts and it seems to run fine. but i noticed when i hit start button, if in gear with the clutch pulled in, it wants to roll forward as its starting. A 2 year old can hold it and it wont roll foward, so its not a bad lurch or anything, but its never done this before. any ideas what to look at or what mighta got un-adjusted?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
It's normal, believe it or not.

It's because the oil has been squeezed out from between the clutch plates and they have stuck together slightly. They usually do this after they've been sitting for a while.

My 250 used to do it really badly. My current ZX-6R does it if I start it in first gear with the clutch held in when the bike is cold (in fact it even does it a bit when it's warm sometimes), and other bikes that I've had have done it to various degrees.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya i played with the clutch cable adjustment. Although i'm gunna go with JAFO's statement about the clutch plates being a little dry of oil. I started it up and drove it around the block the other day to check the brakes and whatnot, and after it ran about 10 minutes, every time i started it afterwards, it was fine. thankx for the info guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.